Thread: Do I got a virus or is this site got some new ads

Hybrid View

Default Do I got a virus or is this site got some new ads

So today I have been getting "green double underlined" words appearing in the posts I read on this site. If I hold the mouse over the word in green it shows a window for "adbrite".

The worlds seem to be selected at total random.

Also, the bottom of my screen seems to be continuously processing something and keeps mentioning adbrite.

I have never seen this before on this site. Anyone else experiencing this or did I get a virus somewhere?

My work computer was taking very long to load pages on this site earlier too.. some needed to be refreshed to load.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'm getting the highlighted words as well. I'm assuming new sponsors

There is an adbrite virus.

Open your task manager, click on the processes tab and look for AdBrite.exe.

If you see it listed, you have the adbrite virus. Most virus scanners don't pick it up. You might be able to get rid of it using Malware Bytes or Spybot S&D.

I would suggest running Malware Bytes on you machine anyway as part of your regular maintenance cycle.

combofix. Download it from Bleeping Computer - Computer Help and Discussion. It's computer virus cancer.
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    So today I have been getting "green double underlined" words appearing in the posts I read on this site. If I hold the mouse over the word in green it shows a window for "adbrite".

The worlds seem to be selected at total random.

Also, the bottom of my screen seems to be continuously processing something and keeps mentioning adbrite.

I have never seen this before on this site. Anyone else experiencing this or did I get a virus somewhere?

My work computer was taking very long to load pages on this site earlier too.. some needed to be refreshed to load.
    Run a System Restore and try rolling back to the date when everything was working correctly. Always try System Restore 1st (if youre lucky its still enabled and your restore points aren't infected).
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information