Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier Interested In Possible Fabricio Werdum Fight

1. Default Daniel Cormier Interested In Possible Fabricio Werdum Fight

Daniel Cormier Interested In Possible Fabricio Werdum Fight - FightLine.com

Daniel Cormier (10-0) thinks a fight against Fabricio Werdum (16-5-1) makes sense.

"Fabricio will be a great fight," said Cormier to TATAME. "He is a great fighter; I've trained with him before when I started my career. I know he is better BJJ fighter in the heavyweight division."
    Cormier has one fight left on his Strikeforce contract. He is scheduled to fight an undetermined name on the November 3 card before heading to the UFC. Since Werdum returned to the UFC this year, he has earned a two fight win streak.

"I do not know if it will work for what the UFC is trying to do," said Cormier. "Not all of the heavy divisions that have so many challengers. I think Fabricio, as well as other fighters of the class would make sense on a pay-per-view."
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Well lucky for the UFC Fabricio also said he would take a fight with Cormier...

Unfortunately, that does not work into the UFC plans of building Cormier up. If they were trying to offer him Mitrione, I dont think they will book Fabricio.

3. Default

For me, it's like shit or get off the pot and that's directed towards Zuffa. Either have Strikeforce fighters fight or fold them into the UFC.

It's getting a little bit ridiculous.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    For me, it's like shit or get off the pot and that's directed towards Zuffa. Either have Strikeforce fighters fight or fold them into the UFC.

It's getting a little bit ridiculous.
    I hear you and the last cancelled event highlights the waste of talent even more. I know UFC recently cancelled an event but at least fighters can fight the next month and stay active. Shit when are all these SF fighters going to get a chance to put their hard work to the test.

I get Show Case has them by the balls with the HW div and the winner needing to fight the plus one fight before the division closes .. Lets just hope Showtime realizes they suck with mma and fold up shop...

But then what about the girl fights? No way they are ready for the UFC yet. Getting close with the growing talent pool but still some work to do.

5. Default

I'd say before Rousey aroused DW he would of shut SF down at least the HW and DC would of already been in the UFC. I bet that kills DW having to wait on there network contract to expire.lol.

Werdum is the last matchup I'd give Cormier at this juncture, especially since it'll be his last SF fight and you'd want him to debut in the UFC on a hotstreak with hype.

I think Werdum is too large of a risk until you get Cormier into the UFC and think there are many more appropriate and safer matchups to give Cormier before he makes his much anticipated UFC debut.

That said, I still don't think Werdum is a good matchup for him....

I'm frustrated as well but some of these strikeforce members are essentially showtime fighters more than they are zuffa fighters if showtime wasnt involved itd be very different. Either showtime makes up its mind to let it go or they work with zuffa to grow the strikeforce brand. They keep trying to show zuffa they are in charge. Now by cancelling the event rather than asking for help where does that leave the strikeforce guys they only put on like 5-7 shows a year so losing one is a big deal. Too bad they dont do the interim champ stuff otherwise give gurgel an interim bout. If dana hadnt pushed for mir to move over in the first place i dont think showtime would have asked nicely or done anything positive about it now that mir's out nothings getting done. They should give dana full control and just politely ask that zuffa give them some awesome mid level ppv quality fight cards on the 4-5 showtime shows cause the challenges show can go to hell. dc shouldnt even be having to fight in strikeforce he should be in line for the ufc heavyweigt championship. I say let struve face werdum like he asked for yesterday at the post-fight conference.
    Last edited by mmawolverine; 09-30-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

The only fight that really makes sense... The top HW's are all tied up at the moment... DC vs. Werdum is a great fight, actually an improvement to DC vs. Mir...

It would be a true test for both of them... the winner definitely deserving a title shot...

I could see how the UFC may not want to eliminate one of their top contenders in Werdum... but at the same time anyone who saw Werdum/JDS or Werdum/AO 2 arent exactly begging for those rematches...

I would love to see him fight Werdum. I think it would be a really good fight. Im like everyone else and think this fight wont happen. Looks like the UFC is trying to send a bum over.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    The only fight that really makes sense... The top HW's are all tied up at the moment... DC vs. Werdum is a great fight, actually an improvement to DC vs. Mir...

It would be a true test for both of them... the winner definitely deserving a title shot...

I could see how the UFC may not want to eliminate one of their top contenders in Werdum... but at the same time anyone who saw Werdum/JDS or Werdum/AO 2 arent exactly begging for those rematches...
    I wouldn't say "improvement" but a DC vs FW would be just as good.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

Thread Information