Thread: MMA Stats: The Least Decision-Prone UFC Fighters of All Time

1. Default MMA Stats: The Least Decision-Prone UFC Fighters of All Time

MMA Stats: The Least Decision-Prone UFC Fighters of All Time [UPDATED] | | Cagepotato

Last week, we described Stefan Struve as “one of the least decision-prone fighters on the UFC roster,” and after he ended yet another fight this weekend before the final bell, we started to wonder — how accurate was that statement, anyway? And who else ranks near the Dutch heavyweight in terms of low decision ratio within the Octagon? So, we assembled a list of the UFC fighters (past and present) who have been least likely to meet the judges; for the purposes of this list, we only considered fighters who have made at least eight UFC appearances.

[Update: After having some knowledge dropped on us by @MMADecisions, we've expanded this list beyond a top-ten.]

As it turns out, Struve comes in at #5 among active UFC fighters, and shares the same decision ratio (8.33%) as Royce Gracie. But there are 11 fighters in front of him on the all-time list, led by welterweight crowd-pleaser DaMarques Johnson, cursed slugger James Irvin, and UFC pioneer Don Frye, who all managed to make it through 10 UFC appearances without ever going to decision. And now, the leaderboard…

DaMarques Johnson: 10 UFC fights, 0 decisions, 0% decision ratio
    James Irvin: 10 UFC fights, 0 decisions, 0% decision ratio
    Don Frye: 10 UFC fights, 0 decisions, 0% decision ratio
    Drew McFedries: 9 UFC fights, 0 decisions, 0% decision ratio
    Charles Oliveira: 8 UFC fights*, 0 decisions, 0% decision ratio
    Ryan Jensen: 8 UFC fights, 0 decisions, 0% decision ratio
    Jason Lambert: 8 UFC fights, 0 decisions, 0% decision ratio
    Gary Goodridge: 8 UFC fights, 0 decisions, 0% decision ratio
    Jason MacDonald: 14 UFC fights, 1 decision, 7.14% decision ratio
    Joe Lauzon: 13 UFC fights, 1 decision, 7.69% decision ratio
    Gabriel Gonzaga: 13 UFC fights, 1 decision, 7.69% decision ratio
    Stefan Struve: 12 UFC fights, 1 decision, 8.33% decision ratio
    Royce Gracie: 12 UFC fights**, 1 decision***, 8.33% decision ratio
    Frank Mir: 20 UFC fights, 2 decisions, 10% decision ratio
    Cain Velasquez: 9 UFC fights, 1 decision, 11.11% decision ratio
    Pat Barry: 9 UFC fights, 1 decision, 11.11% decision ratio
    Vitor Belfort: 16 UFC fights, 2 decisions, 12.5% decision ratio

* Including his no-contest against Nik Lentz at UFC Live: Kongo vs. Barry.
    ** Not including his forfeit against Harold Haward at UFC 3.
    *** Refers to his default “draw” against Ken Shamrock at UFC 5 that resulted from time running out; judges weren’t used in the UFC until December 1995.

Honorable mention: Frank Trigg never went the distance in seven UFC appearances, but since we’re only including fighters with eight or more fights in the promotion, he falls just short of qualifying.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Neat, clearly this counts losses. I'd like to see how many non decision wins.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

I like stuff like this, but this includes every fighter who got finished as well, thats why Johnson is so high. Sure you go out and finish or get finished..but when you get finished more often is that really something to be proud of lol?

A "Highest Finishing %" would've been better, a lost shouldnt count as a good thing towards a record, especially when you're getting finished.

Heres a "Highest % of Finishes" Thread waay back in 07 lol. http://www.mmanews.com/forums/genera...st-wins-3.html I wonder who sits atop that list nowadays.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

I'm thinking Lavar Johnson will be near the top of that list when his career is over...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

sad that the Sandman couldn't stay consistent and stay in the UFC. That boy had some crazy KO's
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Thread Information