Thread: Chad Mendes Draws Hacran Dias at UFC on FX 6 in Australia

Default Chad Mendes Draws Hacran Dias at UFC on FX 6 in Australia

Chad Mendes Draws Hacran Dias at UFC on FX 6 in Australia

UFC featherweight contender Chad Mendes is gunning for an eventual rematch with champion Jose Aldo, but for his next fight Mendes will take on his teammate instead.

Mendes is set to face Aldo’s training partner and fellow Nova Uniao fighter Hacran Dias at UFC on FX 6 slated for Australia on Dec. 14. Sources close to the fight confirmed the bout to MMAWeekly.com following an initial report from SporTV in Brazil.
    Chad Mendes Draws Hacran Dias at UFC on FX 6 in Australia | MMAWeekly.com

I have Mendes ranked pretty high at 145 but he's really going to have to wait in line for a good while before he gets another shot at Aldo.

Dias is an OK fight for him but considering Mendes has wins over Koch and Swanson, I think he should've been put up against a higher ranked FW Lamas or Hioki or maybe the winner of Bart/Nunes. However as I said above, since Mendes is probably going to be waiting some time before he gets another shot. I think Edgar and Zombie will get shots first, Koch was in line before he got hurt and I think Denis Siver will be "in the mix" if he gets past Nagin. Therefore, this matchup helps re-establish Mendes and he'll probably still have to take a few more down the line.

I like Dias and see a possible upset but he lacked the killer instinct in his debut in Brazil

Thread Information