Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cub Swanson: I could beat Jose Aldo '10 out of 10 times' if given rematch

Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    He said in a rematch he would win 10 out of 10.
    Every time he loses will the 10 rematch count start over? I like Cub, but the fact is he's lost %100 of the time so far.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Since he recently lost to Lamas, who also just defeated one of the top challengers at 145 in Hioki, coupled with the emergence of a potential Frankie/Aldo fight, Koch who was in line(maybe not anymore) and the possibility of a Zombie/Aldo showdown, I think Cub's going to have to wait a while.

I'd like to see him take on Siver if he gets past Nagin or maybe winner of Bart/Nunes. Manny, Poirier or Pham would be fun as hell to watch as well, but I think he's gunning for contention, so who knows?

^Yeah I'd see Porier, Siver, Phan, Nunes as really big tests for Cub.

There's some pretty good young Fw's...it's a great weight class imo.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Isn't the best he could hope for now 9 out of 10 times?
    maybe 10 out of 11?

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    Oh no, he's talking about a different kind of MMA math. One where you throw out your losses.
    If you do the extra credit assignment over the weekend, your lowest quiz score gets dropped.

That's how Bisping is getting his title shot.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    Every time he loses will the 10 rematch count start over? I like Cub, but the fact is he's lost %100 of the time so far.
    No. Because the first rematch would be just that... the first rematch. So if he lost that would be 1/10. Simple math imo.

Another fact, Cub has lost 0% of the rematches he's had with Aldo. Seriously using this logic is kinda absurd no? Have you not ever seen a fighter beat someone they've previously lost to?
    Legalize MMA in New York

Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    No. Because the first rematch would be just that... the first rematch. So if he lost that would be 1/10. Simple math imo.

Another fact, Cub has lost 0% of the rematches he's had with Aldo. Seriously using this logic is kinda absurd no? Have you not ever seen a fighter beat someone they've previously lost to?
    I have, but he was dispatched rather convincingly so stating you're going to win the next 10 in a row is absurd and ridiculous. Just like my comments. Cub started it, not me.

BTW...he's also won exactly 0% of the rematches he's had as well. As it stands he's lost 100% of his fights with Aldo.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

If you do the extra credit assignment over the weekend, your lowest quiz score gets dropped.

That's how Bisping is getting his title shot.

rh
    Sonnen didn't do the extra credit assignment so I guess he gives really good head.

It may be a good rematch down the line... He could do better, but I would have a very hard time picking him over Jose... He should fight KZ or Koch next or have Koch and KZ fight...

9. Default

It was a crazy finish. That fight showed nothing of what Cub has to offer now, or Aldo really.

A insane flying double knee KO in a fight that lasts 5 seconds doesn't show us much.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Thread Information