Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forrest Griffin took Xanax before Silva fight, failed drug test kept quiet

Default Forrest Griffin took Xanax before Silva fight, failed drug test kept quiet

Forrest Griffin took Xanax before Silva fight, failed drug test kept quiet

On today's MMA Hour, Forrest Griffin revealed that he took Xanax before fighting Anderson Silva. Forrest failed his post-fight drug screening, but competed only 3 months later against Tito Ortiz.
    Today on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, Forrest spoke about the fight he's been notoriously quiet about. Griffin revealed that he had taken anti-anxiety medication Xanax the night before his fight against the Middleweight champion. He was not able to pass his post-fight drug test either:

I failed my drug test I think for Xanax," Griffin said. "I had a doctor's prescription, I was just, I didn't do it before the fight, I did it the night before, I was nervous and I couldn't sleep.

Forrest didn't mention any suspension period and competed only 3 months later against Tito Ortiz at UFC 106. This is a very odd situation where a high profile fighter failed a urinalysis, but the information was not released by the promotion or the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission. It's not entirely unheard of though, as UFC veteran Tyson Griffin failed a drug test at UFC 123 in Michigan. Tyson served a three month suspension for having marijuana in his system.
    UPDATED: Forrest Griffin took Xanax before Silva fight, failed drug test kept quiet - Bloody Elbow
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 10-01-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Not that Forrest was ever knoing as a fast fighter i think we can all say he sure did look much slower in that fight than we had ever seen. I be he did take a few that day of the fight he just can't remember. My wife used to get that shit and it caused me to move out and take the kid i was tried of running home on break to feed and make sure all was good in the house i had to get my daughter to school and get back to work in 20 min's
    what really did it for me was when she went shopping spent like $350.00 on food came home put it all away and i asked her how much she spent she said nothing i've not gone to the store yet so i showed he all the food and receipt bitch was like i did not go hit me in the head with a castiron frying pan put 13 stiches in my head. We go to the hospital and by time we got there she did not remember hitting me with the pan.
    packed my shit and left.
    tolder her when shit kicks it we can get back together took 2 months

Geeked up off them bars.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

4. Default

In before the shit hits the fan.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    Not that Forrest was ever knoing as a fast fighter i think we can all say he sure did look much slower in that fight than we had ever seen. I be he did take a few that day of the fight he just can't remember. My wife used to get that shit and it caused me to move out and take the kid i was tried of running home on break to feed and make sure all was good in the house i had to get my daughter to school and get back to work in 20 min's
    what really did it for me was when she went shopping spent like $350.00 on food came home put it all away and i asked her how much she spent she said nothing i've not gone to the store yet so i showed he all the food and receipt bitch was like i did not go hit me in the head with a castiron frying pan put 13 stiches in my head. We go to the hospital and by time we got there she did not remember hitting me with the pan.
    packed my shit and left.
    tolder her when shit kicks it we can get back together took 2 months
    Wow, only two months. Most people I've known who go down that dark prescription drug road don't normally come back for several years and that's a big IF they even make it back. Glad to hear she kicked the habit though. From my experience in seeing good friends go that route, it has never ended up well.

If Forrest had a prescription wouldn't that make it legal? If he turned it all in with his initial paperwork and they gave him the OK, that is. It's also sort of strange that he said, " I failed my drug test I think for Xanax.".

Why was Diaz's punishment so harsh?
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    In before the shit hits the fan.
    I don't think people care about this, seems like most people care only about peds. Hell Anderson came out and said he took pain killers to fight okami and no one cared.

Quote Originally Posted by K1NG P3NN View Post
    Geeked up off them bars.
    TRIPPY Mane!!

QUOTE=optimusjoel;971700]I don't think people care about this, seems like most people care only about peds. Hell Anderson came out and said he took pain killers to fight okami and no one cared.[/QUOTE]

Silva didn't fail the test though
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Had a couple neighbors into Xanax when I was in college. Come home at 3am to two women in little dresses falling all over the place and muttering incoherent shit; vaginas and boobs displayed for all to see. Just let 'em pass out and place construction cones around them if they were face down in the middle of the parking lot so cars wouldn't run over them. Good times.

Oh college. I miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Why was Diaz's punishment so harsh?
    Because he's a repeat offender..
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Thread Information