Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Anderson Silva vs. Michael Bisping title fight in U.K. would be 'awesome'

Default White: Anderson Silva vs. Michael Bisping title fight in U.K. would be 'awesome'

White: Anderson Silva vs. Michael Bisping title fight in U.K. would be 'awesome'

UFC on FUEL 5 marked Zuffa's first trip back to England in nearly a year, so it was inevitable the topic would eventually turn to England's favorite son, Michael Bisping.

Surprisingly, however, UFC President Dana White was the first man to do so. Speaking to reporters at the post-fight press conference, White was asked about the prospects of the UFC bringing a championship fight to Europe.

"I hope so," White responded, before saying out of the blue. "It would be awesome to bring [Michael] Bisping over here if Bisping gets a shot at the title. We'll see what happens. I know you guys want it.

"Anything is possible. It absolutely could happen."
    "The biggest problem with coming to the U.K. is the time difference," White explained. "When you're trying to show this thing all over the world, the time difference is the hardest thing here. Even when we go to Brazil, it's only a few hours off from the Unites States. But here, it's eight or nine [hours]."
    Dana White: Anderson Silva vs. Michael Bisping title fight in U.K. would be 'awesome' - MMA Fighting

there is no sanity left in the world. Webster's defines Dana White's use of the word "awesome" by: makes no fuckin sense, is an insult to real contenders but will make a shit ton of money mother fuckers!"
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    there is no sanity left in the world. Webster's defines Dana White's use of the word "awesome" by: makes no fuckin sense, is an insult to real contenders but will make a shit ton of money mother fuckers!"
    From the sounds of the article, Dana was asked about a title fight in the UK.. Gotta appease the locals with promises of their boy getting a title shot.

Oh and in before Hoss drops the H-bomb gif.

Dana, fuck you. No. Just fucking no. Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

i saw the post-fight conference dana was answering a direct question from the media regarding the possibility of big title fights for uk cards, he in no way said that bisping was next in line. as far as anderson is concerned dana wants them in the following order gsp and then weidman and third bisping its not set in stone, he had bisping losing a close decision to stann. Dont be so hard on the guy he does good work.
    Last edited by mmawolverine; 09-30-2012 at 05:59 AM.

I understand the argument for Weidman getting a title shot before Bisping & it's a valid one, but it's not like Weidman is the undisputed #1 contender. It's still unclear whether he could hang with Anderson or not. And even if he was, I'd still rather see Bisping get a title shot in the UK just because the atmosphere of that event would be absolutely incredible.

Plus, it's not like Bisping would have a very good chance of winning. Seeing him get demolished again would be very fun. If he somehow proved his haters wrong then hey, I guess he deserved the title shot after all.

Basically I want to see Bisping-Silva before Weidman-Silva because I think it'd be more entertaining for a variety of reasons. I can see where Dana is coming from on this.
    “Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.”

I honestly believe the super fight between GSP AND silva is because one of the fighters didn't want to make it happen. I always believe that Dana was holding it in his back pocket but White has always tried to deliver want fans want to see.

One of my friends thinks it is GSP who wouldnt accept the challenge. His reasoning that Silva has step up to LHW three times so why would he have a problem fighting a smaller opponent. I believe its one of the fighters who was stalling but I'm not going to make a guess.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

You all know I'm a big Bisping fan, and I'm backing his campaign for a title shot, BUT please don't book this card in the UK because I've got a horrible feeling there would be a lot of very unhappy UK fans that want their money back after seeing Bisping get finished haha!

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Adambomb View Post
    I understand the argument for Weidman getting a title shot before Bisping & it's a valid one, but it's not like Weidman is the undisputed #1 contender...
    But it's not like Bisping is even number 2, so that logic makes no sense. Minimally, he's three or four back in the mix.

Which doesn't mean the Bisping title match isn't going to happen. Yet another brit who talking enough shit to make people want to see him get hurt. Huzzah, it's sooooooo good for the sport.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information