Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frank Shamrock: The 'soul' of dwindling Strikeforce has been picked apart by the UFC

Frank Shamrock felt like his baby died when Zuffa purchased Strikeforce

"Strikeforce was my baby. Scott [Coker] and I were sitting, like this, at a coffee shop. He was like, 'Bro, I wanna do MMA.' It was literally like that. And I go, 'Wow, are you kidding me? Do you know hard it is? Do you know how much money it costs and the risk there is?' And he and I were like bros, and we shook hands and said, 'Let's do it!' I put everything into that company. I mean, literally every day of my life, I woke up, and I breathed Strikeforce. It was the first chance I saw, besides the monopoly of the UFC, to give MMA a shot -- to give martial artists, who don't know what MMA is about, a nice picture of it. Scott was a martial artist as a promoter, and he got it. He let me do my thing. I'm an entertainer. I'm a risk taker. When we sold, it was harder than you [Bas Rutten] breaking my face in our first fight. It was like everything ended that day. It was really tough."
    "Strikeforce is coming to an end. They've been consumed by a much larger company. They've got a brand and a direction that doesn't seem like it includes the Strikeforce brand. So, if history repeats itself, I think it's gonna go away, and we're gonna have a new show, a new opportunity, and hopefully a new platform."
    Frank Shamrock felt like his baby died when Zuffa purchased Strikeforce - MMAmania.com
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Oh look Frank is talking again. Apparently he still has bad feelings for the UFC.
    "I think everybody up here is grateful to be on FOX. They'd probably say, 'FOX, thanks.' Everybody but me. I would say, 'FOX, you're welcome. You've been telling everybody for years you've got the American Idol, and now you finally do.'" Chael Sonnen

Bashing Dana White and the UFC is apparently Frank Shamrock's way of staying relevant...he was a good fighter but how many interviews have I heard of him bashing Dana...

Thread Information