+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duane Ludwig tore his ACL in fight with Che Mills Saturday

1. Default Duane Ludwig tore his ACL in fight with Che Mills Saturday

Duane Ludwig tore his ACL in fight with Che Mills Saturday | The MMA Blog | Blogs | theScore.com

If you caught the beginning of the UFC on FUEL 5 on Saturday, you saw one of the stranger finishes since Dong Hyun Kim and Paulo Thiago fought at UFC 148. That was in the fight between Duane “Bang” Ludwig and Che Mills.

It goes without saying that Mills was dominating the fight with some great ground-and-pound, but Ludwig was hanging tough. It was nearing the end of the first round when Ludwig began to stand up with Mills holding him in the clinch when he just fell to his back and put his hands in the air.

It confused Mills and it took referee Herb Dean a couple of minutes to figure out what actually was happening. When Ludwig mentioned a knee injury, Dean waved off the fight and Mills was declared the winner.

Ludwig has gotten a diagnosis and it looks like a torn ACL for the veteran fighter. He revealed the injury via his Twitter account today.

Duane Ludwig

@DUANEBANGCOM
    Complete ACL tear. Gotta be seen right away. Sweet!
    2 Oct 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
    Ludwig has been around the game for a long time, but this could be the end point for him. Ludwig is now just 2-5 since returning to the UFC in 2010 and this is the second time he has been seriously injured inside the octagon.

During a fight with Darren Elkins in March of 2010, Ludwig busted his ankle just 40 seconds into the fight in one of the most gruesome injuries I’ve ever seen during a UFC event.

At 34-years-old and with over 90 career MMA and kickboxing fights under his belt, Saturday may have been the last time we’ll see Duane “Bang” Ludwig compete in combat sports.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

During a fight with Darren Elkins in March of 2010, Ludwig busted his ankle just 40 seconds into the fight in one of the most gruesome injuries I’ve ever seen during a UFC event.
    If anyone could find a Link to that fight I'd sure like to see it.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

It confused Mills and it took referee Herb Dean a couple of minutes to figure out what actually was happening. When Ludwig mentioned a knee injury, Dean waved off the fight and Mills was declared the winner.
    now maybe I'm just being nitpicky, but I'm almost certain it didnt take anyone minutes to see that bang couldnt continue..im not even sure there were "minutes" left in the round at that point

shitty ending for sure tho, i enjoy seeing ludwig fight and hope he is able to come back from this and fight again

Doesn't the writer mean dong Hyun Kim and demian Maia?

Bang was getting lit up everywhere the fight went. It was inevitable that he was going to get stopped IMO. Che looked great in that fight.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information