Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey: I’m Cris Cyborg’s Only Option

Default Ronda Rousey: I’m Cris Cyborg’s Only Option

Ronda Rousey: I’m Cris Cyborg’s Only Option

“I think Cyborg really doesn’t have any other options besides me,” Rousey told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “I think she’s a victim of her own cheating, whereas when she was doped up and she looked like she was so head-over-heels above all these girls, it made the women’s division look bad. Then she cleaned out her own division because of that. Now she’s having to deal with the consequences of it. No one’s going to want to fight a cheater. I’m pretty much her only option and I’m chock full of options.”

Santos has not fought since failing a steroid test last December. She’s serving a one-year suspension and was also stripped of her Strikeforce 145-pound title. Meanwhile Rousey has emerged as a star. The promotion’s 135-pound champion, she challenged Cyborg to cut weight for a matchup, but Cyborg responded by inviting Rousey to move back up to 145.

“I could,” said Rousey, who has fought at 145. “I could, but I’m choosing not to because honestly, I don’t trust any of the drug testing. I’ve been doing this a very, very long time and I was in the Olympics with the most stringent drug testing in the world. You know a lot of those people are doping. There’s new advances in drug testing every single year because people find new ways to cheat. The only way I can really feel like it would be a fair fight is if it’s down at 135. If she’s doped to the gills and making 145, it’s not really that farfetched for me to think that someone not on steroids could move down a division.”

Cyborg has said, however, that her doctors advised her against dropping to 135 pounds. Rousey doesn’t buy it.

“Is this the same doctor that was giving you the steroids?” Rousey said. “What do you think he tells his other girls when you’re pumped full of roids, pummeling them in the face? It just sounds so hypocritical to me. I can’t stand it.”
    “She’s been exposed as a fraud,” Rousey said. “She hasn’t won a real fight, a real recorded fight, in two years. For her to come back from her suspension and be like, ‘I want a title fight and I want it at the weight I want, and I want, I want, I want’ -- where are all these demands and sense of entitlement coming from? Shouldn’t you be wanting to prove yourself to everybody else? That, ‘Yeah, I can do this. I don’t need drugs. I can make 135. I can beat her anyway.’ I think she’s showing a lot of insecurity on her part.”
    Ronda Rousey: I

Not a fan of her personality but completely agree with:

"If she’s doped to the gills and making 145, it’s not really that farfetched for me to think that someone not on steroids could move down a division.”"

oh good, another rousey/cyborg interview with nothing new to offer..

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Not a fan of her personality but completely agree with:

"If she’s doped to the gills and making 145, it’s not really that farfetched for me to think that someone not on steroids could move down a division.”"
    I am a fan of her personality and completely agree with her

Cyborg surrendered her clout with that positive test. Flat out. Rousey see's that clearly. No dirty test and this is entirelydifferently arguement .
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

6. Default

Sounds like she's legitimately scared of losing to Cyborg and has built up a whole strategy to turn the situation in her favor. Make cyborg drop to a weight where her strength advantage would be eliminated and try and submit a weak Cyborg. She's trying to get the fight on her own terms.

But her argument also plays against her - Cyborg is the only interesting option for her as well.
    ------------------

7. Default

here's an option. she could fight men. move to the mens 145 division.

What about Tara Larosa?
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Rousey holds all the cards. Cyborg seems oblivious to the reality of her situation. It doesn't matter where Rousey used to fight, she fights at 135 and she's the "it girl" now.

Cyborg is a proven cheater that needs to rebuild her reputation. Rousey is the biggest fight for her. If Cyborg wants to regain her status she'll need to go take it. The days of everyone coming to her are over for now.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

If Cyborg torches a couple chicks at 145, people will be clamoring more for this fight and Ronda will get pressure to find an even ground to fight in. Or she will start to look like the one dodging the fight.
    LJS-NEMS

Thread Information