Thread: Luke Rockhold to miss title defense with wrist injury

Default Luke Rockhold to miss title defense with wrist injury

Link: Luke Rockhold to miss title defense with wrist injury - MMA Fighting

Luke Rockhold is the latest top fighter to be hit by the injury bug.

The Strikeforce middleweight champion has pulled out of his upcoming fight against Lorenz Larkin because of a wrist injury, sources close to the event told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani.

Rockhold becomes the second big name to drop off the card scheduled for Nov. 3 in Oklahoma City, Okla. Frank Mir dropped out of his anticipated fight against Daniel Cormier because of an injury last month.
    Are they cancelling this card? Is that why they haven't announced a replacement for Cormier?

Good grief.

I'm pretty much numb to this kind of news at this point...

If they seriously end up cancelling two Strikeforce cards in a row, could this mean the inevitable end of Strikeforce?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'm pretty much numb to this kind of news at this point...

If they seriously end up cancelling two Strikeforce cards in a row, could this mean the inevitable end of Strikeforce?
    I was wondering the same thing about the end of Strikeforce. They have a tough time drawing fans to the venue and getting cable viewership. But considering that Zuffa foots the bill for producing the events, they have no motive for relieving Zuffa of their obligation to put on shows.

But damn if this doesn't feel like a breaking point.
    Last edited by trustkill; 10-08-2012 at 09:21 AM.

They really need to revamp the Strikeforce name and make it a place for up and coming fighters and/or a place for the fighters who aren't currently making the grade in the UFC. Just wasting some good fighters by having them stick around with no real viable fights for them.

They could use a tournament format similar to Bellator with the winner moving on to the UFC.

Oh no, we won't get to see him fight Larkin...what a monumental disappointment.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Henderson, Shields, Diaz, Mayhem, Cung Le, the heavyweight divison...

Zuffa doesn't care if Strikeforce stays afloat. They can't possibly. They have slowly been picking Strikeforce apart. I'm sure that the only thing keeping the company alive is the deal with Showtime.

Did they even attempt to save the last card? You think they'll attempt to save this one?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

its okay it was a waste rockhold's time anyway give larkin another fight and maybe jacare can get the rematch if strikeforce is still around, umm is it possible people are overtraining?

Damn it.

I have tickets to this fight. If they can't find a replacement for DC then I just say they scrap this card.

Edit: bring Kennedy up to fight Larkin and Gonzaga over to fight DC.
    Last edited by MIZjitsZOU; 10-08-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post

Did they even attempt to save the last card? You think they'll attempt to save this one?
    If they attempt to save this one it will be only to build a future investment in Daniel Cormier.

Thread Information