+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana doesn't rule out Batista joining UFC one day

Default Dana doesn't rule out Batista joining UFC one day

Dana doesn't rule out Batista joining UFC one day

“How old is Bautista? Is he not in the WWE any more? Why not?” UFC president Dana White asked Fighters Only when the prospect of Bautista’s move into MMA came up during a conversation at the weekend.

On learning that Bautista is 43 he said, “Hey good for him, man. If he can do it then good for him. I don’t know the guy or anything about him but if he can do it then good for him. Its cool, I think its great if other guys are getting involved in MMA and he wants to give it a shot.”

Fighters Only asked White several times whether Batista’s age would rule him out of ever being signed to the UFC. White digressed the first two times but answered equivocally on the third repetition.

“I don’t know. I don’t know. I can’t honestly answer that question. I would have to see what happens,” he said. “When Brock came to me and he was 1-0 and told me he wanted to fight I was like are you f--king crazy dude you’re gonna get killed over here. And the only reason I took him into the UFC was his wrestling background, you know?

"And its not even about me considering taking him on, its ‘will the athletic commission approve it?’ In the UFC you’re fighting tough guys, real guys, so the athletic commission would have to agree to it too. We always do the right thing and pick guys that we know aren’t gonna get outclassed and hurt really bad…

“I don’t know, its all speculation. I don’t know what would happen or what he is gonna do in his career. We will see.”
    Dana doesn't rule out Batista joining UFC one day - Fighters Only

Fine, I'll do it for him.

This will never fucking happen.

EVER.

Stranger things have happened. It seems unlikely, but the bar for the UFC Heavyweight division is pretty low. Big Dave is somewhat athletic & in good physical shape. He's obviously a very powerful man. If he takes training seriously it wouldn't be shocking to see him pick up a few wins and possibly get a chance in the UFC.
    “Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.”

I just hope he doesn't get matched up against Booker T in his UFC debut. I hear Batista can't handle the Harlem Heat.

Maybe when they allow the coaching staff to throw folding chairs into the octagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Adambomb View Post
    Stranger things have happened. It seems unlikely, but the bar for the UFC Heavyweight division is pretty low. Big Dave is somewhat athletic & in good physical shape. He's obviously a very powerful man. If he takes training seriously it wouldn't be shocking to see him pick up a few wins and possibly get a chance in the UFC.
    Curious as to how you don't think the HW div. is not the best it has EVER been and who is so terrible that they set the proverbial bar so low. Not saying the entire div. is populated by nothing but world beaters but then what div. is?

As far as Dave getting in, my thoughts are if ANYone from any background gets enough credible wins and can pass a physical then why not?
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

7. Default

id say we see batista before we see big timmeh in the ufc

Just to add a little more meat here, Dave is 43 years old and was gassed to the gills during his WWE run, which he obviously isn't anymore, which would explain his massive decrease in musclemass. He could NEVER stay healthy while working for WWE, tore his triceps SEVERAL times(gee, wonder why that happened?) and his hamstrings and knees are pretty bad too.

I give him three fights MAX, unless Japan gives him a nice deal.

9. Default

I wonder if he is on TRT now. He was obviously juicing all those years in pro-wrestling. And he never looked like he cycled off to be honest. I would bet that his natural testosterone production is fucked...
    ------------------

Batista can be in the UFC.
    He needs to win a couple of fights and talk a lot of shit on Twitter about how he would destroy any UFC fighter and all that stuff.
    If he talks like that, he will be in the UFC.

LOL, James Toney never had a MMA fight and he fought in the co main event of an UFC PPV hahaha
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information