Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana doesn't rule out Batista joining UFC one day

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    Curious as to how you don't think the HW div. is not the best it has EVER been and who is so terrible that they set the proverbial bar so low. Not saying the entire div. is populated by nothing but world beaters but then what div. is?

As far as Dave getting in, my thoughts are if ANYone from any background gets enough credible wins and can pass a physical then why not?
    The HW division has the lowest standards of any division simply because there are far less heavyweight fighters that exist. There's a reason they've done over a dozen TUF seasons and only two of them have had heavyweights. Even if you just look at the last 6 UFC cards the number of heavyweight fights is a fraction of every other division.

As for an examples, Jon Olav Einemo hadn't had a fight in over 5 years yet he was given a UFC contract. Granted he was a former BJJ World Champ, but 5 years is a long layoff.

Christian Morecraft only went 6-0 against journeyman, inexperienced opponents, & downright cans before his UFC debut.

James McSweeney was 3-4 before he was given a chance on TUF, won at the Finale to bring his record to 4-4, & then got 2 more UFC fights.

It doesn't take a lot to be given an opportunity at HW.
    “Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I just hope he doesn't get matched up against Booker T in his UFC debut. I hear Batista can't handle the Harlem Heat.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I just hope he doesn't get matched up against Booker T in his UFC debut. I hear Batista can't handle the Harlem Heat.
    I don't think that sucka dug it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Batista can be in the UFC.
    He needs to win a couple of fights and talk a lot of shit on Twitter about how he would destroy any UFC fighter and all that stuff.
    If he talks like that, he will be in the UFC.

LOL, James Toney never had a MMA fight and he fought in the co main event of an UFC PPV hahaha
    I don't know if you're being facetious here, but IMO Toney and Batista are apples and oranges, since Batista has never been in any form of legit shoot fight/combat, whereas Toney was a world champion boxer, which counted for something.

I betcha if John Morrison wasn't such a major league pussy, Dave wouldn't have even given MMA a thought. Rep if you know what I'm referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post

I betcha if John Morrison wasn't such a major league pussy, Dave wouldn't have even given MMA a thought. Rep if you know what I'm referring to.
    No rep for me coz I don't get the reference, but does it have anything to do with Morrison turning a blind eye to Batista's ploughing of Melina's corn-field when Morrison was hooked up with her?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    As far as Dave getting in, my thoughts are if ANYone from any background gets enough credible wins and can pass a physical then why not?
    No fan of the guy but if he can win fights and look to have some type of future in MMA then there shouldn't be any reason for a promotion not to bring him in. I'm all for people trying both old and new dreams so good luck to him.

Realistically I don't see it happening. I would see him having at most mild success capping at around the level of the other WWE guy who's name isn't Lesnar.

Maybe on the ultimate fighter, if you consider that joining the ufc, technically it is, but that's about the only way I see him in the UFC.

He isn't like Brock as Dana pointed out, he has no real fighting background and no, i do not count that shit he trained in with the corny little knifes.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Batista will get smashed soon. It probably won't be in his first fight or two, but it will happen. Once it does, he'll go back to the WWE.

Basically, he's got no chance. No chance in hell.
    "I think everybody up here is grateful to be on FOX. They'd probably say, 'FOX, thanks.' Everybody but me. I would say, 'FOX, you're welcome. You've been telling everybody for years you've got the American Idol, and now you finally do.'" Chael Sonnen

Someone already beat me to the James Toney referrence, I say Hershal Walker vs Batista on the card of GSP vs Anderson Silva......lock a solid co-main event like cromeir vs Fedor and....oh wait. I need to go change my underwear......
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information