+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz ready to fight GSP tomorrow if asked

Default Nick Diaz ready to fight GSP tomorrow if asked

Nick Diaz ready to fight GSP tomorrow if asked

Nick Diaz always seems to start out uncomfortable around strangers, as well as the media. But his usual m.o. in an interview is to start talking about a subject, whether it be fighting, nutrition, training, growing up, and well, then it's this wild stream of consciousness that it appears he, and nobody else, knows where it's going to end up. But he never really opened up or said anything past the obvious, such as if he wasn't suspended and they asked him to fight Georges St-Pierre tomorrow, he'd be up for it.

He brought up, when somewhat led in that direction, that he'd make a better opponent for Anderson Silva than Stephan Bonnar. Given that Silva was only willing to fight at light heavyweight because of the short notice aspect, and Diaz is a natural welterweight, and Diaz is under suspension until February, it's all a moot point to begin with. It's not as if UFC had a choice for Silva's opponent between Bonnar and Diaz and then chose Bonnar.

"They said in what world does it make sense," in referring to Dana White's reaction when Diaz's camp tried to push the idea of a Silva vs. Nick Diaz fight at one point. "Me or Stephan Bonnar, it would have been a big laughing matter or a joke, but that's what's happening now. I think if I was Anderson Silva and I'm on my way out of this and I'm 37, I'm looking to do a few more fights like that, I want to fulfill my legacy and I'm not going to be able to do it with Stephan Bonnar."
    "It gets pretty confusing," he said. "I've learned from my mistakes in the past, why I thought I've lost fights before. I've come back, not so much made improvements in my fighting style, but made improvements in what I have to do to win. Sometimes, I do the opposite of what I did last time and I still come up short. It's hard. It's not like they're telling you what you need to do to win the fight other than finish the fight."

"Well, I think if somebody can use it to help them medicinally, it's going to be performance enhancing regardless," he said.

But he did note it's not exactly in the league with steroids.

"Your random guy trying this marijuana, to go smoke it and then go fight, I don't think it's a good idea."
    Nick Diaz ready to fight GSP tomorrow if asked - MMA Fighting

I bet he would haha!! I like Nick but come on man. Most guys would jump at that chance.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

In other news, every single LW fighter in the UFC who is coming off of a loss is ready to fight Bendo tomorrow, if asked

Tag Team match....Nick and Nate vs GSP and Harry Potter....or whatever fictional character Nate feels like doggin today. Maybe Huck Finn has been runnin his mouth
    LJS-NEMS

You are smoking crack if you think there's a long line of fighters that would fight GSP at one day's notice. Nick, however, is gangsta enough to do so

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    You are smoking crack if you think there's a long line of fighters that would fight GSP at one day's notice. Nick, however, is gangsta enough to do so
    Spoken like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    I guess I'm smoking then because I see a few of these guys taking that chance all day every day.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    I guess I'm smoking then because I see a few of these guys taking that chance all day every day.
    lol me too man... if Condit got injured a week before the card, I bet my left nut both Hendricks and Kampman would happily accept a fight in the main event against Georges

I wanna see GSP vs Diaz so bad....lol.....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information