+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz plans on doing everything Ben does, only better, en route to a championship

Default Nate Diaz plans on doing everything Ben does, only better, en route to a championship

Nate Diaz plans on doing everything Ben Henderson does, only better, en route to a championship win

"Ben Henderson is a good opponent. He's had some good fights. I'm pretty pumped up about fighting for a title. It's been a long time. I've been fighting everybody at welterweight and lightweight for some time now. All my training partners and my brother have had my back. Training's been going good. I just got out of boxing camp, so training's never really stopped."
    During an interview with Spike TV's "MMA Uncensored Live," Diaz appeared with his brother, Nick, where he talked about his strategy for victory in his upcoming bout:
    "I just gotta go in there and be a better fighter. I've been watching a lot of tape and watching what he does. I just gotta go in there and do the thing -- do it better than him."
    Diaz believes that his ever-improving boxing will be a big key in the title bout, and he credits his skills to his world renowned boxing coach, Richard Perez:

"I got a really good boxing coach in Richard Perez. He's trained a lot of really good guys: Dominguez and Rodney Jones and my brother, Nick. He's also been working with a couple other people lately. He's the best boxing coach there is, in boxing. But, he's in the MMA mix right now. Besides that, I'm at Cesar Gracie with Gilbert Melendez and Jake Shields and Nick. We've got good kickboxing dudes coming in from all over, so we're trying to train hard."
    In "Bendo," Diaz will be facing one the most well-versed opponents he's ever stood across the cage from. Diaz's jiu jitsu skills are usually something he can count on to serve as a marked advantage for him in his fights.

He knows things may be a bit different, this time around, but he's still completely confident in his abilities, should this fight hit the canvas:

"I've seen him in jiu jitsu tournaments, also. So, I've kinda got an idea of what he's got to deal with. But, I train with the best guys in the world. He's really good. I've seen him in gi competitions. He gets out of stuff. He dominates people, real athletic guys. He's definitely the champion for a reason."
    UFC on FOX 5: Nate Diaz plans on doing everything Ben Henderson does, only better, en route to a championship win - MMAmania.com

I think this fight looks like Diaz/Condit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Man oh man I am jacked for this fight. I think we're gonna see a Diaz with a UFC belt

This should be a war. It's going to be very interesting to see if Nate's boxing/jits will be enough to overcome Bendo's speed/wrestling. Can't wait
    LJS-NEMS

^ Seriosuly though man... a few years ago I wouldn't have said anything other than Bendo all day. But Nate has looked SO fucking good lately it's unreal. And he just choked out Miller, (a heavy grappler) which has typically been his achilles heel. Can't wait

I think Bendo Rory's Nate.

Bendo has too much heart and pride to "Condit" the fight. He will be moving but he will offensive as frawk doing it! Nate, however, continues to be very impressive so you just never know. I am going to put down some money on Nate "el Diablo" Diaz (maybe it will stick with Nate unlike Nick lol +1 if you get that reference)

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I think Bendo Rory's Nate.
    Agreed. Bendo will be bigger and much faster. I have a feeling Nate's legs are going to take a beating.

I'm not a fan of either Diaz brother, but I'll admit that they have some pretty good boxing, the problem is that they are both pretty flat footed, just kind of plod forward, and don't typically check many leg kicks.

I predict that Nate will win via sub, however I won't be surprised if Bendo completely bullies him around the cage and chops him down with leg kicks like he was doing to Edgar first round of their seccond fight.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

"Nate Diaz plans on doing everything Ben does, only better, en route to a championship"

Oration?
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information