Thread: Despite rumors of org's demise, Green-Masvidal set for Nov. 3 Strikeforce event

Default Despite rumors of org's demise, Green-Masvidal set for Nov. 3 Strikeforce event

Despite rumors of org's demise, Green-Masvidal set for Nov. 3 Strikeforce event

Despite the organization reportedly facing an uncertain future, the fight card for Strikeforce's Nov. 3 event continues to take shape. For now, anyway.

A lightweight fight between Bobby Green (19-5 MMA, 4-1 SF) and Jorge Masvidal (23-7 MMA, 5-1 SF), which MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) first reported this past month, is now official for the card.

However, a report from HDNet's "Inside MMA" suggests the event may not take place and that Strikeforce and Showtime may soon sever ties.

"We are being told that the Nov. 3 event is in serious jeopardy," "Inside MMA" host Kenny Rice said on Monday. "There's a strong possibility that Showtime will no longer broadcast Strikeforce events. This could very possibly signify the end of the Strikeforce brand."

Strikeforce and Showtime have made no formal announcements about the companies' future, and sources close to the deal have given MMAjunkie.com no indication the Nov. 3 event has been scratched. However, Showtime has the option to extend the deal through 2013, though officials haven't commented on that possibility.
    The latest card now includes:

Daniel Cormier vs. TBA
    Lorenz Larkin vs. TBA
    Tim Kennedy vs. Trevor Smith
    Liz Carmouche vs. TBA
    Bobby Green vs. Jorge Masvidal
    Despite rumors of org's demise, Green-Masvidal set for Nov. 3 Strikeforce event | MMAjunkie.com

I respect TBA for fighting in two different weight classes in one night, but not sure how I feel about him also fighting a woman. I mean TBA has legit skills and all, but he might have bit off more than he can chew...
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I respect TBA for fighting in two different weight classes in one night, but not sure how I feel about him also fighting a woman. I mean TBA has legit skills and all, but he might have bit off more than he can chew...
    ^^^ This wins everything. All the awards, everything.

I'm hoping sf is dead, to many top level fighters stuck fighting once a year against sub par competition. I feel like the sf lws will make a big splash like what the wec guys did.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    lol Kevo thats the funniest shit ive read in a long ass time. I laughed out loud and read that to some of the guys in my office. thanks for the laugh 1st thing in the morning. Priceless.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Thread Information