Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodson Wants to Be a Three-Weight-Class Champion and It Starts With the FlyW Title

Default Dodson Wants to Be a Three-Weight-Class Champion and It Starts With the FlyW Title

Dodson Wants to Be a Three-Weight-Class Champion and It Starts With the Flyweight Title

Unbeknownst to him at the time, Dodsonís fight against Da Silva had been deemed a No. 1 contenderís fight with the winner getting a crack at new UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson.

The news only served as more motivation to put a hurting on Da Silva on Oct. 5.

ďIíve got to step up my game and make sure I put him to sleep, and I just need to justify my case for being the No. 1 contender then,Ē Dodson said after hearing the news.

Thereís always a certain level of distraction heading into any fight, but in Dodsonís case everything just multiplied because of the title shot looming overhead. The longtime student of coaches Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn isnít letting it distract him at all, however, because he doesnít get the gold if heís served with silver this weekend.

In Dodsonís mind, heís still got a lot to prove before he can battle for the UFC flyweight title.

ďIím still thinking one fight at a time. I donít really even care that Iím going to be the No. 1 contender. All I want to know is how Iím preparing myself for Jussier Da Silva. I know heís a dangerous fighter, he was once considered the best flyweight in the world, and I want to make sure I can compete with the best flyweights in the world,Ē Dodson stated.

ďPeople have sat there and questioned me being in the top ten, questioned my abilities, question everything Iíve done, and question my jiu-jitsu. So, I want to make sure I can prove all those doubters and haters that sit there and have no faith in me, I want to make them believers.Ē
    It makes it so much easier cause now I can start hunting for my gold. I want to be a champion in three weight classes, so I wanted to start with flyweight. Now Iíve got an opponent, Iíve got the opponent I want to fight,Ē said Dodson.

ďIíll work my way up to get there to get that title shot, get it, and then start moving up in the other weight classes as well.Ē
    John Dodson Wants to Be a Three-Weight Class Champion and It Starts With the Flyweight Title | MMAWeekly.com

I really can't stand this kid. Hope his fight is exciting but i'll always be rooting against him. 3 weight class champ? get real.

Every time i hear statements like this I think of Brandon Vera....and chuckle.
    I am the liquor

I'm hoping what they say is true about snitches and stiches.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

3 weight classes????....WTF??? How about become champ in one....

Hey I appluad the man for calling his shot, now I wanna see him live up to his words. Big Mouth, Big goals, and if he succeeds then he's gonna have a big goofy grin and the biggest crazy laugh you'll ever hear. I personally like this guys style, his fights are exciting and he has a unique and crazy personality. If his skills can measure up to his words I imagine alot of guys all over the internet will be enjoying a wide variety of crow....fried, sauted, roasted, stewed, raw, pickled, grilled.......of course he could turn out like my boy Melvin Gullard......
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Hey I appluad the man for calling his shot, now I wanna see him live up to his words. Big Mouth, Big goals, and if he succeeds then he's gonna have a big goofy grin and the biggest crazy laugh you'll ever hear. I personally like this guys style, his fights are exciting and he has a unique and crazy personality. If his skills can measure up to his words I imagine alot of guys all over the internet will be enjoying a wide variety of crow....fried, sauted, roasted, stewed, raw, pickled, grilled.......of course he could turn out like my boy Melvin Gullard......
    The guy is good and bcoming champion in his weight class is definately a possibility but three??? Cmon man....The guy is a good fighter but hes not 3 weight clasess good....no fuckin way... all that talk is just crazy

Love this guys fighting style and I don't mind his personality. He's like a ferocious little grimlin. He pulled a dickish move on the show, but I'm over it.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I've only seen him fight once and don't know much about him other than he seemed like a bit of a cocky spaz. I don't watch TUF, why do people hate this guy?
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

I dislike him because he sold out his teammates, told about injuries, etc. to the other team.

He'd trained with someone on the other side--but it wasn't even current--and he lied.

I do not like people without integrity.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I dislike him because he sold out his teammates, told about injuries, etc. to the other team.

He'd trained with someone on the other side--but it wasn't even current--and he lied.

I do not like people without integrity.

rh
    While I agree it did seem like a lack of integrity at the time. I think in a way though he was actually feeding the info to a true long time teammate (Diego Brandao) from Jackson's gym who he trained with outside of TUF.

Thread Information