Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodson Wants to Be a Three-Weight-Class Champion and It Starts With the FlyW Title

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    While I agree it did seem like a lack of integrity at the time. I think in a way though he was actually feeding the info to a true long time teammate (Diego Brandao) from Jackson's gym who he trained with outside of TUF.
    Don't join a team if you're not going to work for it.

Integrity is not situational. You either have it or you don't.

He could have told his team he had loyalty to Brandao. He didn't.

He has not integrity.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

I generally cheer for the guy with integrity but I applaud intellect as well, hence why I <3 Chael.

As for Dodson. I wish him none of the success in the world.

Dodson will never win three weight titles, but he looked pretty good tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Don't join a team if you're not going to work for it.

Integrity is not situational. You either have it or you don't.

He could have told his team he had loyalty to Brandao. He didn't.

He has not integrity.

rh
    Not like he had much choice in joining the team though. He either shows up and fights on TUF and gets picked by the coaches of the team he is on without input or he loses his chance to be on TUF.

Not agreeing with his actions by any stretch but the whole TUF "team" concept isn't really designed to foster a true team mentality. Also being as it's "reality" certain elements of the show never make it to air because they wouldn't ruin any of the potential drama.
    Last edited by Rise; 10-06-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Not like he had much choice in joining the team though. He either shows up and fights on TUF and gets picked by the coaches of the team he is on without input or he loses his chance to be on TUF.

Not agreeing with his actions by any stretch but the whole TUF "team" concept isn't really designed to foster a true team mentality. Also being as it's "reality" certain elements of the show never make it to air because they wouldn't ruin any of the potential drama.
    You can pretend it's a gray area all you want. It's not.

He had a choice to go on TUF. He jointed a team. He then had a choice let the fights happen as they happen, or to rat out guys on his team. He ratted out guys on his team. He's a snitch, undeniably.

He can win all three titles in the UFC, and he'll always be a snitch without integrity.

If you were one of the injured fighters he ratted out, you wouldn't be trying to make excuses for him.

Because that's exactly what you're doing.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Altogether now:
    Not.
    Gonna.
    Happen.

I'd enjoy seeing Jose eat his soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Prediction: John Dodson will never be a champion in any weight class.

I think Johnson will handily beat him.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Vera said things like this but he wasn't being anywhere near as arrogant as this douche is.

Somebody should mention to Dodson that the only reason he's getting the title shot is because there's like... three other people in the 125 pound division at the moment. The win over Formiga was impressive, but considering Benny and McCall have already faced Mighy Mouse, until more fighters drop down to flyweight, there'll be less than impressive challengers lining up.

Thread Information