Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dodson Wants to Be a Three-Weight-Class Champion and It Starts With the FlyW Title

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Prediction: John Dodson will never be a champion in any weight class.

I think Johnson will handily beat him.

I also think Johnson will beat him, i think hes going to grind out a decision and use his TD's to beat Dodson.

But Dodson does have the sport killer in his corner so who knows what will happen, maybe dodson will turn into the natural born runner too (i joke, i joke)

CM

Quote Originally Posted by scottsec View Post
    The guy is good and bcoming champion in his weight class is definately a possibility but three??? Cmon man....The guy is a good fighter but hes not 3 weight clasess good....no fuckin way... all that talk is just crazy
    Not really he's fighting at 125 right now. So he might actually walk around at 140-150. He could easily make 135. And 145 might be tougher but if he takes some months off and puts on the weight safely, he could do it. It might not take long to clear out the 125 division. the featherweight division could take a little longer to clear the 135. And he would always have challenges at 145. so three divisions in his case is possible. It's not like he's a welterweight and talking about going down to 155 and then up to 185. The differences between the higher weights make that feat next to impossible to pull off safely. Hell he might even be able to try his hand at 155, but I don't see a person his size being very effective at that weight. but 125-145 is possible.

He has speed, power, accuracy, good and diverse techniques patience, TDD, don't know too much about his grappling but if his JJ is improving, he doesn't need to be a sub master,he just needs it to defend and get back up to his feet. He has all the ingredients to be a little terror in those divisions. I'd love to see him take on Aldo in 3 or 4 years. I'm gonna put some early stock in this kid, I think he got something special to offer. I really wish people would get over what he did on a freaking reality TV show, seriously who hasn't fucked someone over on a reality TV show? I mean come on? One way or the other, the guy isn't forgettable that's HUGE in MMA.

I'd sig bet anyone that he beats Johnson. In fact I think he might actually hurt or even stop Johnson. I think a lot of people are sleeping on this kid.....
    Last edited by joeodd2; 10-07-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I just hate him because he's not Hawaiian.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I just hate him because he's not Hawaiian.

rh
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Brandon Vera, is that you?
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Thread Information