Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on Fox 5 - Main Event fighter blows out knee after 1st kick thrown

1. Default UFC on Fox 5 - Main Event fighter blows out knee after 1st kick thrown

UFC on FX 5: Greg Jackson confirms Travis Browne blew out knee on first high kick - Bloody Elbow

In the main event of UFC on FX 5, Travis Browne came out aggressive early, throwing flashy kicks and knees to no avail against Antonio Silva. Browne was noticeably limping later in the 1st round to the point of switching stances, and seconds later Bigfoot knocked him out with a vicious right hand and follow-up hammer strikes. Browne was still on wobbly legs afterwards as he was being helped up, and Greg Jackson just confirmed that Travis did blow out his knee just seconds into the fight.

Josh Gross@JoshGrossESPN
    RT @jacksonsmma: @travisbrownemma blown out knee on first high kick! He will be back and stronger than ever! #warrior
    5 Oct 12
    Obviously a very unfortunate moment for Browne in the biggest fight of his career. The technical details on his knee injury are not known at this point but there will be updates when they become available.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

That was definitely painful to watch. I was rooting for Hapa.

Some of those kicks he was throwing at the beginning were insane. I've never seen a heavyweight throw kicks like that. Shows what Browne is really capable of. Shame it had to end the way it did.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Does anybody know if he blew his knee out before or after he grabbed the fence to stop Bigfoot's takedown? That always sticks in my craw.

I fully expected to see Browne's gameplan to be working a periphery kickboxing game and break Bigfoot down before going in for the kill in the third, but IMO Bigfoot was his biggest challenge and was a tough mountain to climb. Browne's bounceback fight will be very interesting to see depending on the recovery time he might need. Shawn Jordan, Del Rosario and Miocic are all coming off losses too and are around the same place in their career more or less(young prospects coming off first losses and looking to build their namebrand).

Browne looks like a giant BJ Penn.
    I was rooting for him, I hope he comes back soon.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

5. Default

Hamstring Injury Aside, Travis Browne Not Taking Anything Away from Bigfoot Silva | MMAWeekly.com

Travis Browne experienced defeat for the first time in his professional career at UFC on FX 5 on Friday night in Minneapolis, Minn.

Aggressive from the opening bell, Browne injured his left leg somewhere along the way, hampering his mobility and basically leaving him as a sitting duck for Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva. The big Brazilian took full advantage, rocking Browne with a hard right hand, powering him to the mat, and finishing him of with a few more punches for the TKO stoppage.

It appears that Browne’s aggressive, flashy variety of striking techniques were his own undoing in the fight.

He immediately went high with a spinning kick, which is a high-risk maneuver that may have been the cause of his injury.

“I think it was like the first kick I threw, my left hamstring popped like three times,” explained Browne at the UFC on FX 5 post-fight press conference.

He refused to use it as an excusive, however, adding, “Putting that aside, Bigfoot came out, he won the fight. I don’t wanna take anything away from Bigfoot. He came out, he kept all eyes on something that he saw, and he won the fight.”
    As humble as he was, the Hawaiian heavyweight had a bitter side to him as well. The bitter pill of defeat didn’t sit well in his stomach.

“All this does is motivate the Hell out of me,” Browne declared. “I’m still the same fighter, but I’m gonna come back even more pissed off and harder this time. I (expletive) hate losing.”
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

It's probably the roundhouse kick he threw right at the start. Don't think his leg could handle all that weight.

he hurt it early but he still couldve won bigfoots a piece of shit

Quote Originally Posted by ichibabythecancrushe View Post
    he hurt it early but he still couldve won bigfoots a piece of shit
    No, he isn't.

Keep it up and you get a no-expenses-paid vacation from here.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

A lot of people are writing Big Foot off after that Cain fight. Not the case IMO. If anything that lit a fire under big foot. I was rooting for Browne but Im excited to see where both go from here.

Beating Bigfoot is a pretty tall order, doing it on 1 leg is not something I'd expect any human to be able to do.

Thread Information