+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erick Silva: If Fitch Stands With Me It Will Be Suicide

just thinking of jon getting ko'ed again puts a smile on my face

Fitch is not that stupid, he knows what happened the last time he stood with someone for more than 10 seconds.

Ficth is going to look for the takedown, and then lay and pray for 3 rounds.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Fitch does not tools to beat Silva. His wrestling is going to be nullified and he is going down hard in this fight.

I bet this is the 1st and only time Dana has been sure of an up and comer being able to make a name of beating Fitch and he's loving every thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Fitch is not that stupid, he knows what happened the last time he stood with someone for more than 10 seconds.

Ficth is going to look for the takedown, and then lay and pray for 3 rounds.
    I agree.

Theres nothing more then I would love then to see a crazy blitz KO from Silva early in the 1st. The kid is looking like he has some of the best killer instinct in the division.

BUT with that said, Im betting Fitch didnt like getting KO'd very much. Im thinking Fitch comes out super conservative and the smart bet would be exactly what you said, Fitch by LnP for 3 rounds. Fitch has been in the top 3-5 WWs for like what? 3-5 years or something lol? And as much as some people might hate on him for his style he is VERY good at closing the distance and getting his hands on you. And his conditioning is through the roof.

And TBH I havnt seen much of Silva outside of the first round, so I really have no idea how to gauge his cardio.

Its an awsome matchup and goes a lil bit past "striker vs grappler". The grizzled UFC veteran whose known for his pace and constant grappling? Or the UFC young guy whose had three vicious 1st round KOs?

I wanna see the kid get his KO, but my gut is telling me Fitch is gonna put the grind on him, hard.

(And yes that DQ loss is one of the biggest BS calls ever)

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

5. Default

I'd like to see the fight go a long 2 or 3 rounds just to get a better look at Silva. If it goes that long and Silva wins comfortably than he's the real deal and will give GSP his strongest test.

If Fitch stood with ANYONE it would be a damn surprise.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information