+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Kampmann - "GSP will take Condit down at UFC 154 & lay on him"

1. Default Martin Kampmann - "GSP will take Condit down at UFC 154 & lay on him"

Martin Kampmann: Georges St. Pierre will take Carlos Condit down at UFC 154 and lay on him - MMAmania.com

"It's a good fight. I think GSP is definitely the favorite for a reason. GSP is the champ. He's good. Condit's got some tools that could make it difficult for him, he's got good knees, elbows, could catch him coming in. But I think GSP is gonna try to make it a wrestling match, take him down and lay on top of him. I see GSP probably winning a decision."
    Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight contender, Martin Kampmann, gives his scouting report heading into the UFC 154 pay-per-view (PPV) event on Nov. 17, 2012 from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. "The Hitman" will be watching the Georges St. Pierre vs. Carlos Condit headliner with vested interest, as he could be the next in line for a crack at the 170-pound crown, assuming he can get past Johny Hendricks at the same event.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

2. Default

Kampmann, that's called a good gameplan. You should try it sometime....
    ------------------

God, I hope not, but the unfortunate truth is that Kampmann is probably right. Coming off of a long layoff like he is, GSP is going to have some ring rust and that just happens to be his go to game plan. It makes for a boring fight but it's one way to get the win.

Condit has some pretty good takedown defence but I really hope it has gotten better...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Sooooo good

I like Kampman but surely he knows its the other fighters responsibility is to get himself up if he can, ironically, the master of throwing out the gameplan is mocking the the master of sticking to a smart gameplan.

He's probably right, an interesting statistic I found out today is that Jon Fitch and GSP are tied for most wins by decision.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Kampmann, that's called a good gameplan. You should try it sometime....
    That made me laugh and then, as a huge Kampmann fan, I cried a little. So true
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Most decisions in what regard?
    Fighting in the UFC regard? I fail to see what you are on about here.

Sounds about right.... Although GSP does have top notch control and passing, I definitely dont see him subbing Condit or getting off too much quality GNP...

Kampman is saying how he thinks the fight will go... It may not even be a knock on GSP.
    Last edited by Kimbo> Rampage; 10-05-2012 at 11:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information