Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Johnson

Default Michael Johnson

edit: I meant Michael Johnson, sorry.

When he came out in the 2nd round it really reminded me of Anderson Silva Vs Hendo in the 2nd round. They both came out with this look on their face like they were so pissed off and just started picking apart their opponent so fast. It is unbelievably rare for a fighter to get beat up so badly and come back and win in MMA. The phrase "mentality of a champion" comes to mind when I saw Johnson fight last night.

On the other hand, I look at Browne's fight, where this is the first time the spotlight is really focused in on him and he starts the fight out by throwing stupid kicks without setting them up against an MMA veteran. I would call what Browne did a mental collapse, not unlucky. You can't seriously tell me that you guys think it was in his teams game plan to come out 5 seconds into the fight and throw shit like that? He was showing off and he paid for it.

Michael could be a contender one day, Browne never will be, thats what I took from last nights fights.
    Last edited by v3xi; 10-06-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Browne threw some crazy kicks that you would never expect coming from a man his size. I was impressed with it and I don't think Bigfoot saw it coming. It's a shame that he injured his knee in the process because if he had won the fight last night he could have made the argument that he was getting close to a title shot.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that Anthony Johnson will never be a champion in the UFC.
    Last edited by Fe1; 10-06-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

The last time Anthony Johnson fought was September 21......do you mean Michael Johnson?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    The last time Anthony Johnson fought was September 21......do you mean Michael Johnson?
    That's what I'm assuming. And if you're gonna bring up Johnson I'd bring up Pierce as well. Both fighters came back from being nearly finished in the first and ended it early in the second with one punch. Was fun to watch. Really thought Aarron Simpson had it in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Where's RD? Someone needs to start asking if all black people look alike to v3xi

I haven't been as impressed with Johnson as others but one thing that stood out to me is that he looked less muscled recently. As that's the opposite of most of the guys when then join the Blackzillians, I wonder if he's getting more serious about focusing his gym time on technique. If his standup gets a little more varied in his attacks, I could see him moving up the ladder.

The title had me puzzled.

Yes Michael Johnson looked good in the comeback, as did Pierce. I like Johnson and was cringing when he got in that arm triangle. Thought he was a gonner. I enjoyed his striking in the second. Awesome short jab that put it away.

Aaron Simpson looked good in the first round, but Pierce gutted it out and got the win.

I like browne and think he will be ok (when his knee heals).

I really enjoyed that bart p vs diego n fight. Bart P had that high guard on him in the first. I really like that high guard and have been trying to get better at that.

7. Default

What the fuck is this thread about?
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Got the name wrong. GG me. Can someone change it to Michael please?

I've heard a bunch of people questioning Browne's decision to throw high kicks so early in the fight, but IMO he was looking to straight kickbox with Bigfoot, who is somewhat flatfooted and doesn't really have alot of lateral movement and footwork, which I think Browne and his camp were looking to take advantage of this by keeping Bigfoot out of reach with kicks. The last thing Browne needed was for Bigfoot to get hands on Browne and work the clinch and for takedowns, so I regarded Browne's kicks to get Bigfoot on the periphery.

michael johnson is very good the punch kick combos are masterful the training with tyrone spong has really paid off. he has it all not just as a fan of his but a fan of the sport and his tremendous advancement . Btw WHO IN THE FUCK said browne wont be champ yea he fucked up in the big foot silva fight but the thing is he lost bigfoot didn't win browne has the skills more so than anyother figher at heavyweight. and ppl get over when fighters mess up i swear you all are like bitter ex-girlfriends who cant get over it not just with anthony johnson but all fighters

Thread Information