Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ichibabythecancrushe View Post
    michael johnson is very good the punch kick combos are masterful the training with tyrone spong has really paid off. he has it all not just as a fan of his but a fan of the sport and his tremendous advancement . Btw WHO IN THE FUCK said browne wont be champ yea he fucked up in the big foot silva fight but the thing is he lost bigfoot didn't win browne has the skills more so than anyother figher at heavyweight. and ppl get over when fighters mess up i swear you all are like bitter ex-girlfriends who cant get over it not just with anthony johnson but all fighters
    I like Browne, but I don't think he will be Champion. I don't think he has the tools to beat the elite of division. I hope he bounces back strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZJUDOZOU View Post
    I like Browne, but I don't think he will be Champion. I don't think he has the tools to beat the elite of division. I hope he bounces back strong.
    the problem i have with browne is his chins up and he got caught up in his own hype this time out he was trying to show off and it cost him

Btw WHO IN THE FUCK said browne wont be champ yea he fucked up in the big foot silva fight but the thing is he lost bigfoot didn't win browne has the skills more so than anyother figher at heavyweight. and ppl get over when fighters mess up i swear you all are like bitter ex-girlfriends who cant get over it not just with anthony johnson but all fighters
    Couple things:

Suprisingly Bigfoot actually DID win the fight, that's why he TKO'd Browne and there's that weird W on his record right now.

As far as Brown having "more skills" than anyother HW with, you're simply flatout wrong.
    W-R-O-N-G.

Browne has excellent physical attributes and alot of potential, he's big and he's agile. BUT, his striking isn't anywhere near on par with that of say Overeem or JDS or Hunt, his BJJ isn't anywhere near Werdum, Mir, Gonzaga, Big Nog or Barnett, his wrestling isn't anywhere near close to Cormier or Cain and his GNP isn't anywhere near that of Bigfoot or Fedor. So please, seriously explain to me how he's got more skills than every other HW? Are you suggesting that he is more well-rounded? Because I haven't see that from him either, the top HWs all have alot more to their games than Browne, in which his major advantage will just be size and even that will disappear against some HWs.

All I can see is that he's got alot of potential(but I'd give the bump to Stipe looking down the line) and he's a really big HW. But I've yet to see how he has somehow separated himself from the pack, hell, I've yet to see him look like a Top Ten, so exactly how does he have more skills than the rest of the divison?

With the loss to Bigfoot, I have Browne at the top of the HW prospect pack with the likes of Stipe, SDR, Herman, Jordan and Schaub(in that order). His biggest win is against Struve and he was totally flat against Kongo.

The funny thing is, while you seem to be hanging off of Browne, by devaluing Bigfoot(who is a legitimate challenger), you're just knocking down your boy Browne, making it sound like he shit the bed against some can, which is incorrect.

In future, please utilize at least one comma.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Couple things:

Suprisingly Bigfoot actually DID win the fight, that's why he TKO'd Browne and there's that weird W on his record right now.

As far as Brown having "more skills" than anyother HW with, you're simply flatout wrong.
    W-R-O-N-G.

Browne has excellent physical attributes and alot of potential, he's big and he's agile. BUT, his striking isn't anywhere near on par with that of say Overeem or JDS or Hunt, his BJJ isn't anywhere near Werdum, Mir, Gonzaga, Big Nog or Barnett, his wrestling isn't anywhere near close to Cormier or Cain and his GNP isn't anywhere near that of Bigfoot or Fedor. So please, seriously explain to me how he's got more skills than every other HW? Are you suggesting that he is more well-rounded? Because I haven't see that from him either, the top HWs all have alot more to their games than Browne, in which his major advantage will just be size and even that will disappear against some HWs.

All I can see is that he's got alot of potential(but I'd give the bump to Stipe looking down the line) and he's a really big HW. But I've yet to see how he has somehow separated himself from the pack, hell, I've yet to see him look like a Top Ten, so exactly how does he have more skills than the rest of the divison?

With the loss to Bigfoot, I have Browne at the top of the HW prospect pack with the likes of Stipe, SDR, Herman, Jordan and Schaub(in that order). His biggest win is against Struve and he was totally flat against Kongo.

The funny thing is, while you seem to be hanging off of Browne, by devaluing Bigfoot(who is a legitimate challenger), you're just knocking down your boy Browne, making it sound like he shit the bed against some can, which is incorrect.

In future, please utilize at least one comma.
    i didn't read much of your book you just wrote but he does have the skills but i did exaggerate. how bout you proof read all my messages professor and add the punctuation marks if you can't read it or it bothers you. you can disagree without being a ass you know

i didn't read much of your book you just wrote but he does have the skills but i did exaggerate. how bout you proof read all my messages professor and add the punctuation marks if you can't read it or it bothers you. you can disagree without being a ass you know
    This is about what I expected out of a response.

It's quite blatant that you don't read books, you might actually learn something.

It's also quaint that you have a Michael Johnson avatar after he has a great performance, very topical.

michael johnson is very good the punch kick combos are masterful the training with tyrone spong has really paid off. he has it all not just as a fan of his but a fan of the sport and his tremendous advancement . Btw WHO IN THE FUCK said browne wont be champ yea he fucked up in the big foot silva fight but the thing is he lost bigfoot didn't win browne has the skills more so than anyother figher at heavyweight. and ppl get over when fighters mess up i swear you all are like bitter ex-girlfriends who cant get over it not just with anthony johnson but all fighters
    Commas...why do you hate them?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Where's RD? Someone needs to start asking if all black people look alike to v3xi

I haven't been as impressed with Johnson as others but one thing that stood out to me is that he looked less muscled recently. As that's the opposite of most of the guys when then join the Blackzillians, I wonder if he's getting more serious about focusing his gym time on technique. If his standup gets a little more varied in his attacks, I could see him moving up the ladder.
    Yeah I noticed it too. At the star of rd 2 I thought, "man this Castillo guy looks jacked, he'll probably gas". And he might have if not for the KO. Johnson is really becoming a well rounded fighter.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

English motherfucker, do you speak it?

I finished reading Fedorlei's long response considerably quicker than itchybutt's one sentence paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    English motherfucker, do you speak it?
    I feel as though he purposely doesn't utilize proper punctuation or capitalization. It takes much more effort to type the way he does than it would if he typed the proper way........
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynnja View Post
    That's what I'm assuming. And if you're gonna bring up Johnson I'd bring up Pierce as well. Both fighters came back from being nearly finished in the first and ended it early in the second with one punch. Was fun to watch. Really thought Aarron Simpson had it in the bag.
    Just because you get put in a choke hold that doesn't mean you were anywhere close to tapping. We have seen Ben Henderson in that position many times.

He maintained his composure and recovered really fast hardly something you ever see from someone who was nearly finished.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information