+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Although Hot Blondes Think He Sucks, John Dodson Ready For UFC Flyweight Title Shot

Default Although Hot Blondes Think He Sucks, John Dodson Ready For UFC Flyweight Title Shot

Although Hot Blondes Think He Sucks, John Dodson Ready For UFC Flyweight Title Shot

"I had some hot blonde come up to me with a smile," Dodson told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com), "and she's like, 'You suck.'"

Despite his frenetic fight style, Dodson and his flyweight brethren aren't always the most celebrated MMA fighters. The UFC's first year with the 125-pounders has seen some competitive fights, including Johnson's recent championship win over Joseph Benavidez in the UFC's four-man flyweight tournament. But as on Friday night at Minneapolis' Target Center, they're received their fair share of boos.

But Dodson (14-5 MMA, 3-0 UFC), who fought on the night's FX-televised main card, was willing to give fans a pass. He ultimately scored a big second-round knockout, which silenced critics who claim the little guys lack stopping power. But in the first round, both he and Formiga (14-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) did little to excite the restless crowd.

"I can't sit there and hate on the fans for booing because of the fact they got so spoiled in the beginning with the earlier fights," he said. "There were so many knockouts and back-and-forth battles and great submissions right before me. I then get out there, and I'm being very technical. They're like, 'You suck!'"

"But I gave them a knockout, so they started cheering afterward."

As he said before the fight, White confirmed in the post-event press conference that Dodson has earned the title shot. No date has been set, but he knows what to expect.

"Two of the fastest guys ever in the UFC," he said.

Dodson, who won "The Ultimate Fighter 14" as a bantamweight this past year, returned to the 125-pound division earlier this year when it became the UFC's eighth official weight class. After defeating Tim Elliott earlier this year, he got the No. 1 contender's bout with Formiga, the world's former top-ranked flyweight.

With his win (his fifth straight and his seventh in his past eight fights), Dodson now has his sights set on the belt and his meeting with Johnson. Perhaps just as important as a winning belt, the Team Jackson-Winkeljohn fighter is anxious to further showcase the flyweight division.

"I feel great," Dodson said. "It's going to be a fun fight for me. I can't wait for me and 'Mighty Mouse' to fight. That's really the only thing I have to say. It's going to be fun, and it's going to explosive.

"... I've already seen that fight happen probably a thousand or a million times in my head."
    Although hot blondes think he sucks, John Dodson ready for UFC flyweight title shot | MMAjunkie.com

i havnt seen either of his flyweight bouts but remember him from ult fghtr i think hes the only 1 with a shot to beat mighty mouse outta him benvedas or mccall
    SAY WHAT?:headscratch:

Mighty Mouse is on another level, speedwise. I doubt he will finish Dodson, but he will definitely outwork him en route to the unanimous decision.

On an unrelated note, everytime Dodson talks, he shows up on my gaydar.

I can't sit there and hate on the fans for booing because of the fact they got so spoiled in the beginning with the earlier fights," he said. "There were so many knockouts and back-and-forth battles and great submissions right before me
    I can agree with this.

I like Dodson and im not really sold on Johnson yet. Im thinking this is going to be a very competitive fight myself.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Johnson is going to absolutely work him
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Well hot blondes are not going to be in love with a guy that weighs 125 pounds!

There is no one single fighter at that division that barely interest me. I just watched the first fight of McCall vs the mouse, and Benavidez vs the Japanese guy and there is nothing special in that division. Yes, they are extremely fast but the fights are not anything special.
    A cruiserweigh, a women or even a super HW division would be much more exciting.

And to think that Dana said that a 115 pounds division is very possible....oh dear
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

7. Default

In before pashak finds something critical to say about dana....

oh.

disregard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Well hot blondes are not going to be in love with a guy that weighs 125 pounds!

There is no one single fighter at that division that barely interest me. I just watched the first fight of McCall vs the mouse, and Benavidez vs the Japanese guy and there is nothing special in that division. Yes, they are extremely fast but the fights are not anything special.
    A cruiserweigh, a women or even a super HW division would be much more exciting.

And to think that Dana said that a 115 pounds division is very possible....oh dear
    I'm with you on your opinion. I barely had paid any attention to the Benvidez/Johnson fight. Sure it was action packed, back and forth battle, but I dont recall any dramatic moment during the fight.

The division is also very thin that it will be a merry go around of fights, with everyone fighting each other over and over again. I think the 125, 135, 145 divisions need to be restructured so that there is only 2 division between those 3, that way each division has a healthy stable of fighters to make it more competitive.

those hot blondes better recognize, hes cruising through the gaydar in stealth mode for all we know he might be a bloody tripod porkn mr.jackson, butanyway i wasnt happy with that fight, the faster the fighter the more it annoys me that they wont engage, he got the finish and he has the speed to match mighty mouse he might even be faster but mouse has the superior footwork and fight iq

Man Dodson is like the newest Rodney Dangerfield of the UFC, I'm telling ya'll that he's a future multi-division champ. Qoute me. He beats the mouse, defends his belt a couple of times then challenges for the 135lb title and wins. I don't know about 145, unless Aldo loses a step or retires.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information