Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Batista MMA debut Results

Default Dave Batista MMA debut Results

Dave Batista wins MMA debut by TKO in sloppy fight at CES MMA

ormer WWE champion Dave Batista made his MMA debut tonight at CES MMA, facing veteran mixed martial artist (and 300 pounder) Vince Lucero in the night's main event.

It was a risky first fight for Batista, given the 40+ pro fights of Lucero. But Batista was able to score a first round TKO after a rocky start.

Lucero caught him and hurt him very early and then pushed him back with a flurry of punches. Batista hung on while Lucero held him on the cage, landing some punches. He clipped him again seconds later and then caughe him some more, but his bpunches had no real snap on them and Lucero did look to tire early on.

Batista was able to take the punches well enough to survive and push Lucero into the cage, but Lucero ended up landing another flurry before waving to the crowd and dancing a little in the clinch.

Batista was able to get a takedown and take side control, and then move to the back. Once it turned back to mount, Batista was able to land some solid punches, forcing Lucero to give up his back again. At that point, Batista opened up with a flurry of punches forcing the ref stoppage despite Lucero saying he was hit repeatedly in the back of the head.

Following the stoppage the two men jawed at each other.
    Dave Batista wins MMA debut by TKO in sloppy fight at CES MMA - Bloody Elbow

Bowling Shoe Ugly.

The commentary was probably the worst I've ever heard, complete mispronounciations of fighters' names(and not unknowns, but name UFC guys like Tim Silva- yeah, SILVA) and the announcer called TKO's stoppages via "excessive unanswered strikes".

They even put over Batista's WWE title wins and the fact that he's wrestled over ~GASP~ THREE HUNDRED pro wrestling matches, which in reality is basically the number of matches a WWE wrestler does in oh....a year. Oh and they said that Batista had turned DOWN offers from UFC and SF to "choose his own path", seriously GTFO.

Total joke, Batista got clipped by a dude who looks like what Scott Ferrozzo would if he "let himself go"(let that shit sink in for a minute). Any top 100 HW could take Batista and I can appreciate that he's just debuting, but if he wants the hype of main eventing, he has to be ALOT better than that. I'm probably the most serious pro wrestling fan on this forum and I completely hated this garbage.

Nice to see Howard and The Crow on the card, but WHOA was that ever piss poor.

granted its not super high profiled fighters, but how is a match like this even sanctioned? lucero has like 45 fights and batista was making his debut??

4. Default

There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

I swear they just went to a local bar to find Batista's opponent, and even then he was getting the better of Batista on the feet from what I observed. Anyone with any kind of striking technique would have put him out fast. I don't see his MMA endeavors going well unless they plan on coddling him the whole way with more 300lbs cans.

That was almost bob sapp territory. Bob will probably be Batista's next opponent if he ever fights again, although I'm not really sure this was a legit fight to start with. That guy was clowning Batista, making him look like nothing. Then Batista gets a takedown... Can't say for sure but it almost looks like he took a dive.

Doesn't matter either way if it was fake or not though. That guy looked like someone right off the streets and he made Batista look like someone right off the streets.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

I like that he said Bonnar is going to beat the hell out of Anderson Silva next weekend.

Dave actually didn't do too bad. That being said....Bonnar would beat the hell out of him.
    "I think everybody up here is grateful to be on FOX. They'd probably say, 'FOX, thanks.' Everybody but me. I would say, 'FOX, you're welcome. You've been telling everybody for years you've got the American Idol, and now you finally do.'" Chael Sonnen

I really, really, really hate to defend someone like Dave but I think people are forgetting this was his first damn MMA fight. He wasn't going to be in there with someone who's a top notch fighter.
    "I think everybody up here is grateful to be on FOX. They'd probably say, 'FOX, thanks.' Everybody but me. I would say, 'FOX, you're welcome. You've been telling everybody for years you've got the American Idol, and now you finally do.'" Chael Sonnen

Quote Originally Posted by rodneykm View Post
    I really, really, really hate to defend someone like Dave but I think people are forgetting this was his first damn MMA fight. He wasn't going to be in there with someone who's a top notch fighter.
    agreed, i dont see him being "coddled" as someone else had put it..its his first fight, what were you expecting?

Thread Information