Thread: Hallman reveals personal turmoil that prevented him fighting at UFC on FX 5

1. Default Hallman reveals personal turmoil that prevented him fighting at UFC on FX 5

UFC fighter Dennis Hallman reveals personal turmoil that prevented him fighting at UFC on FX 5 - Bloody Elbow

UFC Lightweight Dennis Hallman failed to make weight Thursday for his scheduled UFC on FX 5: Browne vs. Bigfoot bout with Thiago Tavares. It came as no surprise when he was cut by the organization, but reports that Hallman had been paid not only his agreed upon purse for fighting but his winner's bonus led many to suspect that there was more going on with Hallman than a problem cutting weight.

Former UFC fighter Frank Trigg of MMA Oddsbreaker contacted Hallman and got the a video interview with Hallman.

In the interview Hallman reveals that he is undergoing a brutal custody dispute with his wife, whom he alleges is struggling with drug addiction. Hallman tells Trigg that he endured a complete nervous breakdown while trying to make the weight cut and that he was only even trying to make the fight because he desperately needed the money to get his daughter back.

UFC matchmaker Joe Silva told Hallman to go get a couple of wins in a smaller promotion, make weight for all his fights and he could come back.

The UFC certainly came through for Hallman in this situation and we at Bloody Elbow wish him the best.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Sometimes we forget these are "real people" with "real problems".

as a parent of two incredible little boys, i can definitely sympathize with hallman. im sure if i was in perilof having my kids taken from me id be an absolute mess

That sucks. I'm glad the UFC was understanding of his situation and I hope he gets things in order. I'm sure he wouldn't have been released had he not also missed weight in his last fight.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Classy move by the UFC. They really didn't have to do that, but it shows that they can really be there for their fighters. I hope all works out for Hallman and we see him back in tbs cage before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

If the wife has a drug addiction as he alleges, then it should be a piece of cake for him to get his kids back. If what he says is true, I certainly hope he does get his kids away from the mother, no kid should be exposed to a junkie.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    If the wife has a drug addiction as he alleges, then it should be a piece of cake for him to get his kids back. If what he says is true, I certainly hope he does get his kids away from the mother, no kid should be exposed to a junkie.
    You would think so, but it is not always that easy. Maybe she hides the addiction pretty well, ex: no arrest, no visible signs in court. If she hides it well, and he travels to many places to fight and or train it could be a difficult fight for him. Courts have a tendency to side with the mother when all things are equal when it comes to every day care of the kids. If she hides it, but its something he knows about then he could have a hell of a fight on his hands.

If this weekend proved anything its that the UFC cares about their fighters. Dana even said it in the post fight presser that you dont have to be rampage, or jones to be backed by the ufc when you are in certain bad situations. He did everything in his power (or so it seems) to get stephens out for his fight and they gave hallman the money that he needed to get his kid back.

Classy move by the UFC forsure.

CM

Thread Information