Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat Barry explains why he confronted screaming fan at UFC on FX 5

1. Default Pat Barry explains why he confronted screaming fan at UFC on FX 5

Video: Pat Barry explains why he confronted screaming fan at UFC on FX 5 - MMAmania.com

When a loud and obnoxious fan started booing and screaming obscenities at the John Dodson vs. Jussier da Silva fight last weekend at UFC on FX 5, feared Heavyweight striker Pat Barry leapt from his seat and took him to task.

Who's the pussy now?

That's the question Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight striker Pat Barry had for a loud and obnoxious fan, who went out of his way to heckle the flyweight fight of John Dodson vs. Jussier da Silva at last weekend's UFC on FX 5 event, which emanated from the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

"Get Hype" got real.

"During the fight, there were a few distinct boos going on from the crowd. One of them happened to be about seven or eight rows behind us, to the left, sitting on the floor. Big, tall guy about 6-6, 300 pounds, big dude, standing up booing. 'Booooooo! Boo you suck! Boo!' I kept looking back like what the fuck is this dude booing for? Then all of the sudden he stands up and yells 'You fuckin' pussies!' Ack! I fuckin' had it. I stood up. 'Yo man, question, what did you say? Say it again! Say it loud, so everyone can hear you. Say it again.' He was trying to just wave it off. Right. The big man who called everyone pussies, who are fighting in the UFC, is all kinda ducked off and doesn't wanna respond when I just asked, 'what did you say right now?' You're the big killer screaming pussies out loud by yourself, say it again."
    I've always been of the opinion that when you buy a ticket to see a performance, you have the right to boo. What you don't have the right to do, is make the experience miserable for the people around you, who also bought a ticket. Apparently, "HD" is of the same opinion, and tried to have a friendly conversation with Chief Boo Bird.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

That's great! There is nothing worse than going to a show of any kind and having to listen to some fucking mouth breather ruin it for everyone around him. Nice of Pat to put him in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

It would have been funny if it was Lavar Johnson lol

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Good for Pat, this dude is one fighter I wouldn't mind getting a beer with. he's real people.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I'm conflicted on this.

On one hand, I can't stand douches who go to live events to get drunk and be dicks. I'm a Bills fan living in New England so I've been heckled by my fair share of peons filled with liquid courage whenever I go to any local event wearing my Bills jacket.

When I went to Montreal to watch GSP vs Serra we sat next to an amateur Canadian fighter who confronted a drunk idiot who was smoking and yelling things at girls around him and I remember thinking good for him. When the drunk got in his face me and my friends actually stood up to have the fighters back, as if he needed it.

So I do think there are some circumstances that warrant it however, a professional fighter confronting a paying fan for voicing his displeasure at a fight rubs me the wrong way. I mean you don't see the Yankees confronting fans in Boston every time a Yankees Suck chant breaks out. (and good thing to cause those things break out all the frickin time and at the oddest occasions).

I feel like the fight community and a lot of hardcore fans are trying to shove the lower weight classes down the main stream fans, and even other hardcore fans throats.

The people booing that fight are not "wrong" or "idiots just wanting blood". They are paying fans who didn't like the fight. I consider myself a knowledgeable hardcore fan but I fast forwarded through the fight. I rarely enjoy feather or bantamweight fights. Does that make me less of a fan or just not a fan of that particular style?

Now granted I would never shout "you pussy" at anyone performing on any kind of stage never mind a professional fighter but, I just don't know how I feel about a professional fighter intimidating a fan for yelling something he disagrees with.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

I like the lighter weight classes. Real fast and real skillful. I see what you are saying sword, but it is not like the whole card is lighter weights. Can't believe you fast forwarded that one. Actually ended in a good ko.

Personally I think the UFC should have an idiot cam, if you act like an ass, they put you on the big screen and replay your idiot taunts. And have Dana replay the Idiot clips at the post fight while berating them. Of course most of these drunk idiots have no shame and would not care at the time, but I think the day after getting teased and taunted by their friends and at work, would be good payback.....

I still say good for Pat, I wish more fans and fighters would call these people out, It would have been funnier if it was Arianny who did it though, that guy would have felt like less than inch big.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

the idiot cam would just encourage mo'morons, pat handled it right they played his youtube video while ariel was tracking down mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by MIZJUDOZOU View Post
    I like the lighter weight classes. Real fast and real skillful. I see what you are saying sword, but it is not like the whole card is lighter weights. Can't believe you fast forwarded that one. Actually ended in a good ko.
    Big part of that is I just can't stand Dodson and have no desire to ever see him fight.

A lot of people say they like the lighter weight classes because they're fast and it's constant movement but that really doesn't interest me. If I want to see constant movement I'll put a slinky on an escalator and grab some popcorn.

Likewise a lot of people find wrestlers boring and complain about lay and pray but I love watching Gray or Fitch take someone down and dominate them on the mat. I'd much rather watch five rounds of what some would call lay and pray than a stick and move fest.

To each there own but I don't think it's in the sports interest for insiders to tell fans they are wrong if they don't like a fight.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

I agree to disagree with you sword. I do think that pat was also standing up for people who were scared to say something. This bully was acting like an ass and Pat put him in his place.

Thread Information