Thread: CSAC denies Rafael Cavalcante's appeal of his steroid suspension

Default CSAC denies Rafael Cavalcante's appeal of his steroid suspension

CSAC denies Rafael Cavalcante's appeal of his steroid suspension - MMA Fighting

Strikeforce light heavyweight Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante will have to sit out until next May.

On Monday, the California State Athletic Commission upheld his one-year suspension for banned substances.

Feijao tested positive for the steroid Stanozolol after his first-round TKO of Mike Kyle on May 19 in San Jose.

Cavalcante's attorney, Howard Jacobs, argued before the commission during a Monday morning meeting in Los Angeles that his fighter's drug test sample was mishandled, thus the test result should be voided.

But the commission didn't buy the argument and voted unanimously to reject the appeal and uphold his suspension.

The former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion from Sao Paulo is suspended through May 18, 2013 and also responsible for a $2,500 fine.

In other news coming from the meeting, Ed Soares, of nearby Redondo Beach, was approved for a permanent California promoter's license. Soares is best known as the manager for several Brazilian fighters, including Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

2. Default

thats just wrong I'm not for a fighter getting off, but the CSAC complete disregaurd to the US leagal system. they feel their above the law. It would be fun to look into the administrators past to see what dirt comes up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    thats just wrong I'm not for a fighter getting off, but the CSAC complete disregaurd to the US leagal system. they feel their above the law. It would be fun to look into the administrators past to see what dirt comes up on them.
    Not really a disregard for the legal system he's fighting under their governing rules trying to do an end around an use the legal system after the fact doesn't work so well. If he has a legitimate claim he can easily go to civil court to prove them wrong. However the investigations and punishments need to be handled within the regions governing body. The CSAC has caved many a time when they have someone try defend a positive test and for a change they didn't.

On a side note if he wants to claim his sample was not tainted but the collection cup was how come no one else was tested positive that night ?

He cheated,got caught and tried to use a loop hole to get out of trouble, he is really getting into the american spirit,lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Thread Information