Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Mayhem' Miller walks out on The MMA Hour after bizarre behavior on set

Default 'Mayhem' Miller walks out on The MMA Hour after bizarre behavior on set

'Mayhem' Miller walks out on The MMA Hour after bizarre behavior on set

Jason "Mayhem" Miller flew from Southern California to New York City to make an appearance on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour.

The planned one-hour segment was Miller's first interview in months, but it turned into something entirely different than anyone expected.

Miller showed up as his character Lucky Patrick from the upcoming movie "Here Comes the Boom," and never dropped the schtick. In a poorly acted farce, Miller stayed in character, was belligerent to host Ariel Helwani, and refused several attempts to change the subject before finally leaving the set less than 20 minutes into the show.
    The show switched to a pre-taped Pat Barry video, then went off the air for several minutes, before Helwani returned and addressed the situation.

"That was interesting, and also a little bit frightening, and a little bit sad." Helwani said.

The incident was the latest in a string of bizarre behavior exhibited by the Orange County, Calif. resident since being cut by the UFC after his December loss to Michael Bisping.
    Helwani saw Miller's actions as a missed opportunity to explain his recent behavior.

"I thought he was going come and use that platform to discuss what was going on over the past couple months," Helwani said. "I didn't think he'd come all the way from California to do that. And that's unfortunate because I think this could have been a good platform for him."
    Jason 'Mayhem' Miller walks out on The MMA Hour after bizarre behavior on set - MMA Fighting

This is just too hard to watch, I'm not even 3 minutes in and I can't even watch it anymore, what the fuck happened?

Ok Mayhem go with these nice men they are going to take you to a safe place........
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Cocaine is one hell of a drug
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

I watched the full thing. Painful.

At first I was just going to point out that it's really hard to stay in character and that you really need to be a pro to do it well. But the last minute or so... Fuck, I'm not sure I can ever root for Mayhem as a fighter or as a person. Just a total jackass and clearly made Helwani nervous about his physical safety at one point.

I made it about two minutes then starting skipping ahead. Mayhem needs to get help.

Ok, I got about a minute into it. I love Mayhem. I think he's hilarious. I even had his back in that naked church thing, but this is really painful to watch. I think he probably went in thinking it was a good idea but realized very quickly that improvisational acting isn't as easy as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

That interview was like being on a bus with a crazy person, it was uncomfortable, a little scary, and very embarrassing. It's like going full retard in the movies, you don't go full Crazy either.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Mayhem can go away now. Please.

Thread Information