Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glover Teixeira: I'm Jon Jones Toughest Challenge In The Division

Default Glover Teixeira: I'm Jon Jones Toughest Challenge In The Division

Glover Teixeira: I'm Jon Jones Toughest Challenge In The Division

Even though he is still new to the UFC roster, Glover Teixeira (18-2) feels that he has what it takes to win the light heavyweight from Jon Jones (17-1).

"There are a lot of tough guys, but I think I bring it to Jon Jones," said Teixeira on MMA Interviews. "If they offered me the fight I would say yes, bring it to him and get that title."

Teixeira won in his UFC debut earlier this year. He only needed two minutes to take home the submission. Even though he is on a 16 fight win streak, Teixeira knows he needs a few more wins before he gets into the championship picture.

"I'm not quite qualified to say something like that yet," said Teixeira. "I have one fight in the UFC and have more to prove to myself."
    Glover Teixeira: I'm Jon Jones Toughest Challenge In The Division - FightLine.com

100% Truth.

I can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I can't wait
    Me neither.

I'm not saying Glover BEATS Jones, but he's incredibly well-rounded and throws fastballs on the feet that sets up for some amazing grappling. It's a shame he had all those greencard issues because if his name was a little more developed being around the UFC a little sooner, I don't think all those LHWs would be able to outright duck him.

The only LHWs I think give Glover problems are Jones, Machida and Evans and even the last two, I believe he beats.

If Jones fights winner of Hendo/Machida or just Hendo next, then takes on Goose(if he gets past Shogun) since he's a more established name and would be an easy fight to market, I think Glover needs two more fights after Maldonado before he'll get his shot, which would be around early 2014, when he'll be in his grizzled prime.

Riiiighhtttt.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Riiiighhtttt.
    I can't wait to win our two week sig bet lol.

I'm thinking it will just be the sparse phrase, "Fedorlei was right....about everything".

Nope
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I don't even know how Glover would make weight for that fight. With Jeff so tightly clinging from his nuts...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

everyone that wants to fight jones says this...then they step in the octagon and get beat up and they end up skipping to jones lou if you will. Not taking anything away from glover but i personally dont see anyone beating jones at 205 but my opinion may be a little bias.

CM

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I don't even know how Glover would make weight for that fight. With Jeff so tightly clinging from his nuts...
    You jest now, but in a while you'll be begging to borrow my Grays Sports Almanac.

Thread Information