Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC's Jeremy Stephens' bail set at $100,000, faces extradition to Iowa

1. Default UFC's Jeremy Stephens' bail set at $100,000, faces extradition to Iowa

UFC's Jeremy Stephens' bail set at $100,000, faces extradition to Iowa - Bloody Elbow

MMA Fighting is reporting that UFC Lightweight Jeremy Stephens, in a Minnesota jail since his arrest early Friday morning, has had his bail set at $100,000 and he faces a possible extradition to Iowa. According to UFC president Dana White and Stephens' management, Evolution Agents, the fighter is wanted in Iowa in relation to a 2011 incident at a party in Polk County.

Evolution Agents released a statement yesterday claiming that Stephens was present at a party at which a "physical altercation" took place and asserting that Stephens "had never been arrested in connection with the assault, contacted about any possible charge and or notified about any outstanding warrant by mail or any other means."

UFC president Dana White worked throughout the day of UFC on FX 5: Browne vs. Bigfoot and on into the event trying to secure Stephens' release so he could face Yves Edwards in a scheduled bout but was unable to make it happen.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

picture some deep dude in jail trying to make an example of the new guy not knowing he's Jeremy Stephens...and then seconds later that said person eats an uppercut dos Anjos style.

Man, he must of really beat the shit out of that guy. 100,000$ sounds pretty extreme. I really hope this all blows over for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Man, this article makes me think even more about why in the world didn't they (police service) arrest him when he first showed up or why not tell the UFC, they had to know he was coming or else their intel suuuuucks.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Would really like to know more about the actual events that take place. from the amount of the bail and the way they handled the case it would seem like the assault and injuries that occurred were pretty severe.

He was wanted for an incident back in 2011? How the hell did it take so long to arrest him? Is not as though he's been in hiding....it was planned months in advance for him to fight on that day.......
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Man, he must of really beat the shit out of that guy. 100,000$ sounds pretty extreme. I really hope this all blows over for him.
    Isn't he innocent until proven guilty? How do you know he actually did it? He might have, but maybe someone had a grudge, or maybe he was singled out because he's a UFC fighter.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Pretty obvious police just wanted to fuck him, having a bail that high, you would think his arrest should have occurred immediately. I guess this can be expected when we have a bunch of Rosco P. Coltraines as cops

Was not expecting that. Wish we knew more of the details but its not looking good for him imo. A guy on the level of Jeremy Stephens to fork over 100K and miss his fight is a fucking huge blow to his income.

Hopefully it all blows over for him but by the looks of that it seems like he did alot more then just punch some dude.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

10. Default

There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Thread Information