Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mac Danzig: 90 per cent of fighters have used PEDs

Considering the fact that NSAC counts weed as a PED, I'd say the number of fighters who have "tried PED's at some point" is probably higher than 90%. Most likely INCLUDING Mac.

90% of people have tried weed at least once if only a single puff that they didn't inhale.
    10% of people lie about having ever tried weed.
    Click HERE to take the Polack test.

Look, my sig says "fuck" in it.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Considering the fact that NSAC counts weed as a PED, I'd say the number of fighters who have "tried PED's at some point" is probably higher than 90%. Most likely INCLUDING Mac.

90% of people have tried weed at least once if only a single puff that they didn't inhale.
    I didnt see that...

I thought it was a "banned substance"

Looks like we can add Jake Shields to the list.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post
    Lol good point that guy is Straight up Vegan.
    You don't know anything about him, yet you are making an assumption about him. How intelligent is that?

Do you know why he is a vegan?

If you don't want to talk out of your ass and actually want to know who he is then:

#267 - Mac Danzig, Brian Redban from JoeRogan on Vimeo.

This is the interview from which the article came.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Does Danzig have a motive to misrepresent the numbers or is this an accurate view?
    It is a hyperbole, of course. But, I do think a large number of established fighters abuse HGH, as it does not have the stigma of TRT AND it does not get tested for.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Mac is probably just trying to convince himself and others that it's that high to make himself feel better about the fact that he will never be a top contender.
    No. It was a candid discussion on wide-ranging topics.

You are likely talking bad about him to make yourself feel better by spewing negativity, that or you have a poor sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Or that they're bitter that "everyone" else has an advantage... Danzig is a health nut from what I recall; can't imagine he's only eating organic beans but shooting up steroids.
    Danzig talked about wanting to take steroids in a part of his career where he was failing because it was suggested to him. Danzig contemplated it but did not want to be a fake individual.

You can gain and maintain muscle without eating meat or drinking milk, despite what the media wants you to think.

Have you not heard of rice/pea protein? Hemp protein? Come on now.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 10-13-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post

They don't consider marijuana a PED.

Cannabis is a prohibited substance, much like meth, coke and painkillers. They are disallowed because they feel compelled to police what the fighters are doing in their personal lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    You can gain and maintain muscle without eating meat or drinking milk, despite what the media wants you to think.

Have you not heard of rice/pea protein? Hemp protein? Come on now.
    I never said anything like that. My point is that Danzig is a vegan for reasons beyond/other than animal cruelty from what I recall, it's the "clean" thing. So I doubted that he would really do that while taking steroids as others were suggesting.

We agree on most things, but your response about protein here is a non sequitur and has nothing to do with what I was saying.

Default prh

Cannabis is a prohibited substance, much like meth, coke and painkillers. They are disallowed because they feel compelled to police what the fighters are doing in their personal lives.
    I see it more as the UFC/NSAC/etc covering their asses in case some fighter get seriously injured while fighting/training on meth/coke/etc. If they didn`t test and prohibit those substances and a fighter got injured in a fight while on coke, they could possibly find themselves in a lawsuit concerning fighter safety. Likewise if you were fighting a guy on meth and he seriously injured you, you could sue the NSAC for negligence. I`d rather see a big name guy get busted for weed and suspended than see a fighter a little slower on his reaction time due to weed get seriously hurt.
    The Jets have won more Superbowls than you have.

Or maybe they don't want fighters showing up to fights in an inebriated state.

No, Kizer has repeatedly argued that pot my have PED-like advantages during a fight. He's talked about the pain-lessening potential and that being an unfair advantage.

Here's one example (NSAC’s Keith Kizer: Marijuana has possible performance enhancing aspects to it | The MMA Blog | Blogs | theScore.com):

“Well, it’s a prohibited substance,” Kizer told Ranallo when asked why marijuana is on the banned substance list. “Why is twofold. One is possible damage to the athlete taking it, and two, there’s possibly performance enhancing aspects to it. WADA doesn’t just put any wily-nily thing on their prohibited substance list.”

Thread Information