Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McCall admits he didn't take second Demetrious Johnson fight seriously

Default McCall admits he didn't take second Demetrious Johnson fight seriously

McCall admits he didn't take second Demetrious Johnson fight seriously, says John Dodson acts like an annoying 12-year-old girl

"I'm still kind of pissed off at the fact that I lost (to Demetrious Johnson), obviously, but I think I'm only two or three wins away from getting a title shot.

"Speed is a big thing. With me, the second time I came in too heavy, I mean I cut 18.8 pounds in the last like 20 hours. We weighed in at three or four o'clock and by 10:00 I was 150.5. So it was my own fault, I didn't diet right. I think I just didn't take it seriously enough, which for some reason I don't know why, I finally get to the UFC and I don't take it serious, I don't know. I would just go back to like I fought him the first time and not... I was thinking too much and I don't know, I didn't fight like I should have.

"I don't know, I lost my focus somewhere there. I don't know why."

He also talked about the state of the flyweight division and how no one likes it. Check out the comments on John Dodson:

"It kind of sucks because no one likes our weight class right now. ... I mean no one likes Demetrious. I guess he doesn't translate well publicly, I don't know why. No one likes John Dodson because he's kind of annoying. He's cooler in person he just acts like a 12-year-old annoying girl sometimes on TV. I don't know, it's weird. I don't know why he does that and why he thinks it's like the thing to do but he has his schtick and everyone sticks to it."
    Ian McCall admits he didn't take second Demetrious Johnson fight seriously, says John Dodson acts like an annoying 12-year-old girl - MMAmania.com

Sour grapes.

What a moron. Sounds like an unbelievably hollow excuse for losing. Another fighter that needs some p.r. help.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

He didn't take the first fight seriously. He didn't take the second fight seriously. At least Tito blamed his losses on injuries.

Bullshit. He saw how close that first fight was, if he wants us to think he didnt take the seccond one seriously then he must think we are pretty stupid.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Bullshit. He saw how close that first fight was, if he wants us to think he didnt take the seccond one seriously then he must think we are pretty stupid.
    Some people are self destructive, he said he didn't diet right for the second fight. The first fight Johnson had a bad weight cut and the second fight Mcall had a bad weight cut. He lost the second fight decisively, lets just hope he pulls himself together for the next one.

The second fight shouldn't have even happened. I had him winning the first fight. Had they gone to a sudden victory round like they were supposed to, the judges probably would have seen it the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Any psychology text would label this as a rationalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    The second fight shouldn't have even happened. I had him winning the first fight. Had they gone to a sudden victory round like they were supposed to, the judges probably would have seen it the same way.
    I thought the first fight was a clear draw. Johnson won the first two and the 3 was a 10-8 round. It definitely should have gone to round 4 and McCall would have had a lot of momentum going into the last round.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Sure, he didn't take a top opponent seriously... lol go tell another one.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information