+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Munoz eyes February return, Weidman rematch

Default Munoz eyes February return, Weidman rematch

Munoz eyes February return, Weidman rematch

ďIím planing to come back as soon as possible. I do have an injury here, but Iím not going to let it stop me. This is perspective for me. Iíve had kind of a tough year this year with having an elbow injury and coming back from surgery and then rushing back into a fight which probably I could have taken a little bit more time off, and then, sustaining this injury. Suffice to say, Iíve learned a lot. It wasnít quite me in that last fight. Iím going to redeem myself with a fight coming up, whoever I fight,Ē Munoz promised. ďI fought a lot of times in two years, I think that would have been my eighth fights in two years. And Iím very active so, Iím just kind of going to take it easy. This is my bodyís way of telling me. It was like camp, after camp, after camp. I was fighting every three, four months. Iím going to take some time off and get back into it and just be a raging bull when I get back in the cage again. Iím planning probably around February or so, weíll see how my body heals up.Ē

Following the fight with Weidman, the doctor told Munoz after he was X-rayed that his right foot was almost completely broken.ĒI didnít know my foot was fractured at all. I didnít know there was a stress fracture.Ē The doctor was in disbelief that Munoz fought on it in the first place. ĒMy bone was actually fractured. They actually put me in a boot.Ē

When The Filipino Wrecking Machine does return, he said heís looking to take a fight that gets his name back on the map. ďIíd like to have a rematch with Weidman, Iíd like to fight Bisping. Thereís a lot of guys out there. The fact of the matter is, I want a fight thatíd get me back on track to becoming a world champ. I definitely want to redeem myself on my last performance and show people that Iím a man that learns from his mistakes. And for me, champions arenít measured by how many wins they have, but how they pick themselves after a loss. Thatís the true meaning of a champion and thatís what I want to show.Ē
    Munoz eyes February return, Weidman rematch - Mixed Martial Arts News

Stann or Philippou(if he gets past Ring) would be solid return bouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Stann or Philippou(if he gets past Ring) would be solid return bouts.
    I agree. Those would be really good matchups for him. I'd kind of like to see him fight Lombard though.

I don't know why he would want a rematch with Weidman though. Seems kind of crazy to want more of this...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post

soooooooo many unnecessary shots, its actually painful to watch

CM

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    soooooooo many unnecessary shots, its actually painful to watch

CM
    Right!? Makes me think the guy is crazy to look for a rematch.

6. Default

He should fight Bisping. Id like to see how mike does against the "fat" munoz.

Im gonna say, not well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I agree. Those would be really good matchups for him. I'd kind of like to see him fight Lombard though.
    Would love to see him fight Lombard.

I don't know why he would want a rematch with Weidman though. Seems kind of crazy to want more of this...

You didn't hear? Mark only got that beating because he was fat, slow, out of shape and not top 5, or top 10, or British. I might have even read somewhere that he was old, but I might be editorializing.

But regardless, it's not that Weidman was good. It was that Munoz was bad, geddit? All he has to do is be less bad, and he can expose Weidman for not being British. or Brazilian. Or for not having more fights than Anderson has defenses.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Would love to see him fight Lombard.

You didn't hear? Mark only got that beating because he was fat, slow, out of shape and not top 5, or top 10, or British. I might have even read somewhere that he was old, but I might be editorializing.

But regardless, it's not that Weidman was good. It was that Munoz was bad, geddit? All he has to do is be less bad, and he can expose Weidman for not being British. or Brazilian. Or for not having more fights than Anderson has defenses.

rh

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information