Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Jon Jones elbow injury requires second look

1. Default Report: Jon Jones elbow injury requires second look

Report: Jon Jones elbow injury requires second look - MMAmania.com

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight champion Jon Jones defended his belt for the fourth consecutive time when he submitted Vitor Belfort in the fourth round of their 205-pound bout at UFC 152, which took place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada just last month (Sept. 22, 2012).

Unfortunately, the victory didn't come without cost.

In the first round, "The Phenom" came close to shocking the world when he locked in a deep armbar that seemingly came inches from forcing "Bones" to tap to the pressure.

It was a test of the champ's fortitude, and he passed, pushing through the pain, slamming Belfort onto the canvas, and continuing through (even using his injured arm to punch and elbow his opponent) to work toward a gritty victory by way of an Americana submission later in the fight.

Love him or hate him, it was impressive.

Afterward, Jones told reporters that he thought he heard something pop when Belfort had his arm torqued in the wrong direction. Even Belfort stated that he was surprised that Jones didn't tap.

Based on those particulars, you'd expect to hear that Jones sustained a serious injury. You might be right, but the results are currently inconclusive.

A report featured on FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight" brought word regarding the status of Jones' injury. Anchor Todd Harris delivered the following during the broadcast:

"According to Jones' wrestling coach, Izzy Martinez, the injury Jon Jones suffered at UFC 152 was just a strain with no ligament damage. However ... Jones requires a follow up examination in Los Angeles, because, for whatever reason, the camp was told the first procedure may have been incomplete. As of this taping, no word on how that procedure went."
    For now, the official word is that it's a strain, but the jury is certainly still out until the follow up procedure is done and the test results are returned.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

fuck....hope its nothing serious.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Fucking Jon Jones...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Wish him the best.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Hope it's nothing serious.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

hope its serious.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Quote Originally Posted by Luc1an View Post
    hope its serious.
    And he's only your 8th Most Hated; can't imagine what you wish on Edgar!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    And he's only your 8th Most Hated; can't imagine what you wish on Edgar!
    haha actually i should take Frankie of my most hated list. He slowly earned my respect and crept onto my good list. oh and my lists arent in any particular order.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Quote Originally Posted by Luc1an View Post
    hope its serious.
    Classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Wish him the best.

rh
    Awwww do I have to?

Alright fine, I hope it's just a strain so that I may go back to being disappointed when he smashes all of the fighters that I want to beat him!

One of these days...............fucking Jon jones.........grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Thread Information