Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Machida slight favorite over Dan Henderson in number one contender bout

Default Machida slight favorite over Dan Henderson in number one contender bout

Machida slight favorite over Dan Henderson in number one contender bout

MMAOddsBreakers.com. Machida is favored slightly at -220.

Henderson brings up the rear at +170.
    Lyoto Machida slight favorite over Dan Henderson in number one contender bout - MMAmania.com

Machida is going to straight up merk Henderson.....I dont think it will even be close
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

its completely up to machida how he loses this fight, H-bomb or lack of aggression and octagon control
    i might be in the minority but i didnt think machida did much in the jones fight, he certainly didnt have jones in any danger

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Machida is going to straight up merk Henderson.....I dont think it will even be close
    Really?

I think Machida looked great in his last fight but Hendo is no Ryan Bader. I think Machida takes the fight if he can keep Hendo off him and away from the cage but I think it is somewhat unlikely Machida merk's Hendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Really?

I think Machida looked great in his last fight but Hendo is no Ryan Bader. I think Machida takes the fight if he can keep Hendo off him and away from the cage but I think it is somewhat unlikely Machida merk's Hendo.
    Machida imo has the best striking in the LHW devision behind Jones; certainly better than Hendo and i see him absolutey picking him apart. That being said, I hope Im wrong, because I want to see Jones dismantle Hendo in a title fight.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I was unaware they were fighting. I know Dana mentioned it but I didn't know it was set in stone or anything.

Machida will probably win a decision.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

This isn't too surprising. I think Henderson needs to make it a quick fight or Machida is going to pick him apart until Hendo gases, to which Machida will probably get him down and submit him. Really, Machida should look to make Dan use a lot of energy in the first round.

I don't think that Machida has an easy victory as some people are stating. Machida has to work a lot harder to win this fight than Henderson does.
    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Machida imo has the best striking in the LHW devision behind Jones; certainly better than Hendo and i see him absolutey picking him apart. That being said, I hope Im wrong, because I want to see Jones dismantle Hendo in a title fight.
    Machida's striking is better than Jones. From a technical stand point, many fighters in the LHW division have better striking than Jones. However, Jones has incredible reach that makes up for what he lacks thus turning the tide in his favor on the feet.

Liken Jones to Tim Sylvia, except for the fact that Jones is a much better and much more well rounded fighter than Sylvia ever was. What I mean is that Timmy was never a good striker, but his size did his dirty work. Much like Semmy Schilt. Jones is a good striker all the same.

Anderson Silva, in comparison, has really good striking and also really good reach.
    Last edited by Ramma; 10-08-2012 at 06:16 AM.

^Exactly. Jon Jones does not have the best striking in the LHW division.

Imagine if guys like Shogun and Machida had an 85 inch reach...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

I'm a pretty big Machida fan and this fight has me on edge just thinking about possible outcomes. Mane!

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

I'm still rooting for Hendo. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information