+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White says Jon Jones still not as good as Anderson Silva or Georges St. Pierre

Default Dana White says Jon Jones still not as good as Anderson Silva or Georges St. Pierre

Dana White says Jon Jones still not as good as Anderson Silva or Georges St. Pierre

UFC President Dana White still doesn't think that qualifies him as the Octagon's best, and points to the success of his middleweight champion Anderson Silva (32-4), as well as to the body of work from welterweight kingpin Georges St. Pierre (22-2), both of whom rank higher than Jones in his personal pound-for-pound list.

White explains himself to ESPN.co.uk:

"[Georges St. Pierre] is my number two. Jon Jones is getting there. Jon Jones proved a lot -- to a lot of people -- in that fight (against Vitor Belfort). Staying in that armbar, popping out of it like he wasn't even in an armbar, continuing to fight the way that he did, kept himself together mentally. He came a long way. My thing is, I don't ever give Jon Jones the huge ... these other guys, Anderson Silva's been doing it since 2005 in the UFC, Georges St. Pierre's been doing it forever. Jon Jones has been on a tear for a year and a half. He's had some problems. Time will tell. We'll see what happens, where he ends up. At the rate he's going, he's on his way to number one and possibly going down as one of the greatest ever, too."
    UFC President Dana White says Jon Jones still not as good as Anderson Silva or Georges St. Pierre - MMAmania.com
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

I can see it now this thread will turn into a nuthugger vs nuthugger war

By the way we still need a nuthugger emicon...you know one of these except with a guy swinging on the nutsack.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

What the fuck is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    I can see it now this thread will turn into a nuthugger vs nuthugger war

By the way we still need a nuthugger emicon...you know one of these except with a guy swinging on the nutsack.
    Im just dreading when the Gabe Ruediger nuthuggers start chiming in...
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post

What the fuck is this?
    Michonne from walking dead.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

What the fuck is this?
    I'm curious as well.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

What the fuck is this?
    That's Michonne from The Walking Dead. She's one of the most popular characters in the comic book and she debuted in the last episode of the Season Two finale. She figures large in Season Three, premiering this weekend.

Haven't seen an episode since season 1. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I can't fucking wait for the premiere...

As far as the article goes, I'm not a real big fan of Anderson, GSP, or Jones so no nuthuggery going on here but there is no way in hell that Jones is at the same level as the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information