Thread: UFC 153's Erick Silva wants to slow pace of fast-moving career

Default UFC 153's Erick Silva wants to slow pace of fast-moving career

UFC 153's Erick Silva wants to slow pace of fast-moving career

"If you ask me right now, I'm not going to say I want the belt because that's how I work in my career: in slow steps," Silva told MMAjunkie.com
    "Certainly, he's the most experienced guy I've ever faced," the 28-year-old Silva said. "It's an opportunity to get noticed."

It wasn't hard to miss Silva, or his jet black mane of hair, during an open workout in support of Saturday's event, which takes place at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro. The Brazilian fighter anticipated a bigger bump from the crowd now that he is fighting on home soil and said stateside fans who didn't know him will after he beats Fitch.

Already he's managed to buy a house and car with his UFC winnings.

"The first time, it was my debut," Silva said. "The second time was so quick. Hopefully they know me a little better this time."
    "For this camp, we focused a lot on my speed and aggression," he said. "I think I'm the most fast and aggressive fighter. This is what I'm going to capitalize on."
    UFC 153's Erick Silva wants to slow pace of fast-moving career | MMAjunkie.com
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

Hopefully it goes a few rounds and he finishes Jon

Hope he makes a statement, but I don't Fitch will lose two in a row.

I have a sig bet with someone on this fight... Who are you??

Soo the guy wants to slow his career but he also wants to beat Fitch.. You cant have both Erik!!

If he beats Fitch which I have faith that he will. He has just thrown himself into a number one contenders bout. I do not see that as a sign of slowing down.

Quickly becoming my favorite WW, if he beats Fitch then he will have solid claim to that spot.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

I'm very excited to see this bout...but then again, I'm not one of the idiots who trashes Fitch at every turn.

Call me craxy, I actually think it's going to be FOTN.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Erick's style is so appealing and intriguing to watch. Like CT said he's quickly become one of my favorite fighters due to the fact that he just brings it every time he steps in there. I hope his finishing mentality out weighs Fitch's lay n prey style and puts good ol Fitchy to sleep.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Id have to see him get Fitch'd....

But this is a good fight to see where he stands... Fitch is still a top WW, and it will show us how he does against someone with Fitch's skillset.

Thread Information