Thread: Anybody ever had Sciatica?

Default Anybody ever had Sciatica?

I've had it for the last couple weeks and it is driving me crazy. I was told not to work out during these couple weeks, but I work a manual labor job and it's hard not to be doing anything physical while working.

I've been doing stretches and took some muscle relaxers for about 3 days, but it's still lingering (fucking linger, man). Anybody else have any experience with this? Any tips?

I don't personally but I know people that do.

I feel for you man. Do you eat properly? Sometimes having a really clean diet will help ease the pain because the body is functioning with good fuel.

Yes, it's happened to me a few times before. Not really anything you can do.

There's a channel the nerve runs in that protects it from the muscles, etc. Yours has rolled out of the channel. Until is rolls back in, its gonna hurt. At some point, it should correct itself, unless you've slipped a disk or something.

At least that's what I was always told.

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    I don't personally but I know people that do.

I feel for you man. Do you eat properly? Sometimes having a really clean diet will help ease the pain because the body is functioning with good fuel.
    I eat fairly clean, but I could always improve my diet. Currently, I'm gradually easing into a Paleo diet.

Quote Originally Posted by lordpyro View Post
    Yes, it's happened to me a few times before. Not really anything you can do.

There's a channel the nerve runs in that protects it from the muscles, etc. Yours has rolled out of the channel. Until is rolls back in, its gonna hurt. At some point, it should correct itself, unless you've slipped a disk or something.

At least that's what I was always told.
    How long did it take for you? I read an article that said you should continue to exercise after a few days rest from the initial flare up. Did you work out at all or just wait it out?

I had an inflamed SI joint.

Horrible. Walked bad, couldnt sit, driving hurt, sports hurt. I couldnt find relief and eventually had injections for it.

Turned out to be my wallet that caused while sitting at work.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I've had it for the last couple weeks and it is driving me crazy. I was told not to work out during these couple weeks, but I work a manual labor job and it's hard not to be doing anything physical while working.

I've been doing stretches and took some muscle relaxers for about 3 days, but it's still lingering (fucking linger, man). Anybody else have any experience with this? Any tips?
    Yes, I had it bad back in 1999 when I was still sprinting competitively. Acupuncture cured it for me. You also have to lay off training for awhile though maybe that's not possible with your job.

For a cheap home remedy you could also try traumeel cream or castor oil. Though I find the castor oil works best for joints.

Good luck
    e.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I usually get this when I haven't worked out for a LONG time and then I start squatting and dead lifting again. The last time I had it (I'm just telling you from my experience) I found that Ibuprofen and SLDL (stiff leg dead lifts) helped me as much as anything. Now whether that was in my head or what, I don't know. I just know the pain went away. Take that for what it's worth...

Also, foam rolling, or using a tennis ball helps. Look on youtube as there are some awesome stretches as well.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Thread Information