Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping: I Donít Think Iím Going To Be Fighting For The Title Soon

Default Michael Bisping: I Donít Think Iím Going To Be Fighting For The Title Soon

Michael Bisping: I Donít Think Iím Going To Be Fighting For The Title Soon

ďTo be honest right now, I donít think Iím going to be fighting for the title soon.Ē Bisping said in an interview with MMA Elite. ďObviously Andersonís fighting this weekend against Stephan Bonnar and, you know, I think they want him to fight GSP. Anderson said this week as well his focus right now is on GSP so, weíll see, itís a little frustrating for myself but you know I just want to keep fighting whoever the UFC says Iíll fight and eventually Iíll get my shot, you know?Ē

ďJust keep beating guys eventually I will get my shot and I will be the champion.Ē

Some fighters in Bispingís position would wait on the sidelines to see how certain situations unfold, but not ďThe CountĒ. Bisping wants to get back in the cage immediately and continue to prove his worth and solidify his top contenders status.

ďHopefully itís not going to be a big long layoff,Ē said Bisping. ďIím hoping to get in there ASAP.Ē

Although the UFC middleweight division is arguably in its most competitive state in history, ďThe Ultimate FighterĒ season three winner is unsure of who he will be matched up with next as a majority of the top-10 fighters in his division are booked for fights before the end of the year.

ďRight now I mean all the contenders that I wanted to fight theyíve all got fights,Ē Bisping explained. ďAlan Belcherís fighting Okami, Iíd like to fight him. Chris Weidmanís fighting Tim Boetsch, Iíd like to fight Chris Weidman.

ďSo all the contenders theyíre all taken, theyíre all booked up, you know theyíre all ducking me, theyíre all avoiding me and listen, I just want to keep fighting I love what I do, I love being part of the UFC..Ē
    Michael Bisping: I Don't Think I'm Going To Be Fighting For The Title Soon - FightCove.com
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

What's this? Bisping interview grounded in reality? Is this real life?

I'm so confused right now. Assuming this isn't some sort of Bisping imposter.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 10-12-2012 at 06:08 PM.

If Vitor Belfort is coming back to the MW division, that fight makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but this apparent deflated response compared to his usual grandiose attitude makes me question that maybe Bisping's been told that they're awaiting the results of GSP/Condit until they announce GSP/Silva at Cowboy Stadium in July and that he might be the fall back plan if GSP loses?

Vitor's the only matchup that is availible right now unless he wants to fill in for one of the big three MW fights coming up(Okami/Belcher, Boetsch/Weidman or Palhares/Lombard) if an injury occurs(which, wouldn't be too hard to believe).

I'd personally like to see Bisping/Munoz or maybe Bisping vs. winner of Franklin/Le just for the main event value....

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    What's this? Bisping interview grounded in reality? Is this real life?

I'm so confused right now. Assuming this isn't some sort of Bisping imposter.
    did you miss the very last paragraph?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    did you miss the very last paragraph?

rh
    That I did. Good catch. All is right with the world again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Why do you say that? I can't think of another top 10 MW to match Bisping up with.

I wonder if those 'grand plans' for the MW division Dana had teased at will come to light if they book the GSP Silva fight... 8 man tourny for Silva's soon to be vacated belt?

Silva said he has 3 fights left.. one against GSP, one against Jones and the last fight of his career against who ever wins the tourny

A man can dream cant he...^
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Silva said he had 3 fights left 6 fights ago.

Thread Information