Thread: Dana White to undergo surgery following UFC 153

Hybrid View

Default Dana White to undergo surgery following UFC 153

.Last May, for the first time in 11 years, UFC President Dana White was nowhere to be found during a UFC event. As his two headliners, Chan Sung Jung and Dustin Poirier, engaged in what many considered to be the ‘Fight of the Year,' White was back home, watching UFC on FUEL 3 on television due to a rare inner ear condition called Meniere's disease, which cripples a person's hearing and balance centers, while also causing severe vertigo and a feeling of heavy pressure inside the ear.

Needless to say, between an endless flight schedule and supremely high stress level, White's lifestyle isn't exactly conducive to being sick. So it's not surprising that White has lobbying for corrective surgery for the better part of the last five months.

Doctors were initially reluctant to perform such major surgery on someone so young. However, that no longer seems to be the case.

"Saw the [doctor] today about my Meniere's and I'm getn [sic] the surgery when I get home from Brazil!!!!!" White tweeted late Thursday night.

According to WedMD, surgery for Meniere's disease is highly invasive and can result in permanent damage to an individual's hearing. During the procedure, doctor's essentially cut the nerve inside one's ear that controls hearing and balance. White has talked about the surgery in the past, and how it requires a minimum of three weeks of intensive rehab to relearn basic motor functions, such as walking.

None of this sounds pleasant at all, so we wish Dana good luck and good health in advance of next week.
    Morning Report: Dana White to undergo surgery after UFC 153; Jon Jones warming on Chael Sonnen fight - MMA Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Having your head removed from your ass is a major surgery. Best wishes to Dana!

this kinda makes me nervous for him, hope it is a successful surgery but talk about dangerous activities.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    this kinda makes me nervous for him, hope it is a successful surgery but talk about dangerous activities.
    I know what you mean. Anything to do with your nervous system is no laughing matter. I didn't realize how serious his situation was until I read this article.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Damn, I hope all goes well for him.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information