Thread: Daniel Cormier: 'I wish somebody would have told me'

Default Daniel Cormier: 'I wish somebody would have told me'

Daniel Cormier: 'I wish somebody would have told me'

The news that a second straight event has been scrapped by Strikeforcewhich was announced in a joint Strikeforce/Showtime press release, immediately angered heavyweight headliner Daniel Cormier, who had been training and anticipating an opponent switch.

"I wish somebody would have told me something," he told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani. "This is unbelievable. I'm very upset. I just want to be informed. That's all. I don't think that's asking for too much."

Strikeforce has not produced a card since August 18, but with the possibility of returns from Melendez and Rockhold, the probability of a Cormier fight and most of the rest of the roster being available, the broadcast partners expect to put on a major event next time out.
    Daniel Cormier: 'I wish somebody would have told me' - Mixed Martial Arts News
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

cant blame the guy for being upset, he's been working hard for nothing basically, not getting any younger, and showtime isnt going to let him leave for the UFC until he fights for them one more time.

Welcome to the 'Farce my Daniel, be happy your tenure is short.

I often wonder what some of these fighters do to make money on the side. It seems like DC, Nick and Cyborg haven't had a fight in forever.

Do they seriously make enough money off of one fight to last them 6 months to a year?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

.......you honestly have to wonder what Nick Diaz does on the side to make money? Here's a clue......it's what these guys do for money in the movie....

Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Nick hasn't been in SF for a while... He's suspended for weed (or metabolites lol)

I am willing to bet that in both cases of Diaz and Cormier that ZUFFA is well taking care of them.

They are going to want to keep DC happy and content before he makes his octagon debut seeing as he will be very marketable and is on the cusp of a title shot.

Diaz is a huge huge draw to the company and is much of a douche as he is uncle Dana is going to do everything in his power to keep Nick.

Sure their has been cases of under the table advances on fights?

I say to hell with strikeforce, bring DC over in case an injury happens or match him up with gonzaga

Thread Information