Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cops: Jeremy Stephens' alleged victim beaten unconscious, stopped breathing twice

1. Default Cops: Jeremy Stephens' alleged victim beaten unconscious, stopped breathing twice

Cops: Jeremy Stephens' alleged victim beaten unconscious, stopped breathing twice

Jeremy Stephens and a co-conspirator beat a victim for about one minute, causing him to lose consciousness once, to stop breathing twice and sending him to the hospital in critical condition, Des Moines police allege in new details emerging from Stephens' felony case.

The incident which Stephens is alleged to have played a role took place on Oct. 15, 2011, according to an article published by The Des Moines Register that cites police reports as its source.

Stephens and the victim were among a group of people at Fat Tony's Sports Tap when the incident began. According to the report, the victim had been asked to leave the bar and was in the parking lot with his wife when Stephens and another man, Dustin James Bachman, emerged.

The victim's wife says that at that point, Stephens punched him, and Bachman followed. She then helped her husband to the car and was attempting to lock the doors when Bachman pulled him out.

At that point, Stephens and Bachman allegedly punched and kicked him in the head and body for about a minute.

The report does not mention if the victim made a full recovery.
    ------------------

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Damn hopefully the victim is ok...

And hopefully Stephen's UFC career isnt over...

I wont condemn someone based on a report.

3. Default

I read elsewhere that the victim "Shane" was actually one of Stephens' friends. Shane was arguing with someone else inside the bar, and his own wife was trying to calm him down and he shrugged her off to continue arguing. And Stephen's saw that and got fired up about it...
    ------------------

Interestingly, there is an utter lack of the term "alleged" in this piece. If Stephen's isn't found guilty, that's actionable.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Damn hopefully the victim is ok...

And hopefully Stephen's UFC career isnt over...
    If any of this is true, fuck him. I hope his career is over.

I wont condemn someone based on a report.
    I'm not condemning him based on a poorly written report. But if it's true, he's a fucking piece of shit who should never be licensed again.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

5. Default

I'll wait to see what happens, but I agree with Riv, if it is true... fuck him and everything about him.
    ------------------

Its hard to go off of one side of the story, but I gotta say Stephens looks like the type to have a bit of a meanstreak too imo. Either way it could also be the ppl aiming for him because he's a ufc fighter too. Let's see what happens.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

It all depends on what really happened...

If he just beatdown a guy in a parking lot vs. if he and his friend continually beat the guy while he was down, causing serious injury.

Innocent until proven guilty....but

If this is true, fuck him, gutless piece of shit. Pull a guy out of his car after his wife is trying to lock the doors, then you and your buddy start to stomp him to the point where he is almost dead?

Wouldn't feel bad for any sort of punishment he gets if he's found guilty

Well, now we know.

Spechless really, Im gonna reserve judgement for now.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Interestingly, there is an utter lack of the term "alleged" in this piece. If Stephen's isn't found guilty, that's actionable.

If any of this is true, fuck him. I hope his career is over.

I'm not condemning him based on a poorly written report. But if it's true, he's a fucking piece of shit who should never be licensed again.

rh

I can't really add much beyond this. What a mess

Thread Information