Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Shields Tests Positive For Banned Substances Suspended Six-Months

1. Default Jake Shields Tests Positive For Banned Substances Suspended Six-Months

Jake Shields Tests Positive For Banned Substances Following UFC 150 Win, Suspended Six-Months

“To my friends, fans and the UFC,

Prior to my professional bout at UFC 150 in Denver, Colorado, I used a substance prohibited by Colorado Boxing Commission rules.

This was a mistake that I fully regret. I have shared this issue with my family and the UFC and I have apologized to them and now I also apologize to you, the fans. I promise this will never occur again in my fighting career.

I accept the Boxing Commission’s decision for a six-month suspension, which will expire in February. I ask that you accept my apology. I will be back fighting soon, and hope that the fans of MMA will support me until that time.”
    ------------------

Not the biggest fan of his style, but he is a top fighter at both WW and MW...

He has some interesting fights at MW to be made.

He is a huge threat to Anderson IMO... somewhat similar to Sonnen, only not as good of a wrestler and not as strong. But he isnt getting subbed by Anderson either.

I wonder if he caught some secondhand smoke from rolling with the Diaz's all these years?

I'd gather that the Herman win will be turned into a NC.... It will be interesting to see what they do with Shields after this, he's been less than impressive in his UFC run(I had him losing the Kampmann fight) and is an undersized MW even if he's packed on the muscle.

Not a big fan of his but, I gotta admit he won me over when his father passed and he didn't pull out the fight. Now I find it hard to cheer against the guy. Best of luck to him,,hope he can make some real improvement to his stand up game.

5. Default

Kevin Iole had tweeted that Shields' test levels were elevated...
    ------------------

At least he manned up and owned his mistake. Can't take that away from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

I'm surprised. My first thought when I saw the title was weed.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Kevin Iole had tweeted that Shields' test levels were elevated...
    He was training with Sonnen...

i wonder if he was popped for Unisom? I know WATCHING him fight nearly puts me to sleep.
    I am the liquor

damn i thought weed right away, never thought Jake would take PED's....Maybe hes on TRT now too

CM

Thread Information