Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63

Thread: Jake Shields Tests Positive For Banned Substances Suspended Six-Months


  1. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Being a vegan is not inherently about being "pure"...
    I'm not having this argument being that I work with (clients) and am surrounded by vegans everywhere. In fact, veganism has spread of late (last decade +) due to triathletes and endurance athletes.

    Yes, you could be a junk food vegan but 99% of them aren't. It's a matter of "de jure vs de facto", brother.

  2. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,285

    Default

    Jake Shields
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside
    been eating too many Brazil nuts

    Hmm...

  3. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post

    Seriously though why would Jake be clean for fights with Hendo/GSP/Kampmann/ellenberger but then try his luck at cheating against Ed Herman?
    Who's to say he was really clean for any of those fights really.

  4. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Who's to say he was really clean for any of those fights really.
    If X=Y then surely Z must = Y as well.



  5. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    You don't have to argue, I'm just pointing out the fact that you are wrong. You are choosing to disregard the vegans who follow the lifestyle for ethical and/or environmental reasons.

    I'm under the impression that you work in some kind of nutritionist/physical therapy/etc. role. That's why it would make sense that the vegans you encounter are the "dietary vegan" type. But they do not represent the "99%".

    That is why your statement about veganism meant to be inherently pure is wrong. Maybe you meant "dietary veganism" instead.

    Regardless, based on some of your past posts, I doubt you'll admit your mistake.

    "On ne fait pas boire un âne qui n'a pas soif"... brotha'.
    whatever makes you happy. I'm sure environmental/ethical vegans ignore things like pesticides and environmental toxins, GMOs, processed food. etc. You win...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Hmm...
    Are you saying Jake Shields can't trane UFC because he eats da Brasil naughts??

  6. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    8,896

    Default

    Was never a fan of his personality and definitely not a fan of his fighting style. This just helps me not like him even more.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.


  7. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Memphis Area
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Off topic, but how has Jake reached this level and still throw kicks like he does? Yes, he's a wrestler and BJJ practitioner, but I cringe every, single time when I see him throw kicks.




    BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •