Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jake Shields Tests Positive For Banned Substances Suspended Six-Months

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    actually...yea, pretty much. I don't "hate" any of them, but I definitely root against all of them. The disdain is 2x worse for Sonnen on my end.
    Let me break some news to you....

There are probably MORE fighters that have juiced vs. Fighters that haven't.

Look at PRIDE and how big those athletes were back then.

I wonder why?

Does Japan have an athletic commission to conduct drug testing???

hmmmmmmm.....?

Heres another one....

Does Brazil have an Athletic Commission to conduct drug testing after events?

Sure, the UFC does them but find me a UFC event that happened outside the US that doesn't have a sanctioning body where a fighter got suspended.....

for all we know he coulda been toking up with nick.

all i know is what i heard on inside mma - shields tested positive for a banned substance and is suspended for 6 months (suspension starting from early august to february). i do not need to know what the substance was nor do i care. i respect that unlike some fighters, jake is owning up to this like a man and taking his punishment.

he also got his win changed to a no-contest which would make ed herman still undefeated since his post-surgery comeback and i can't be mad at that either considering i'm a short-fuse fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Yes, and don't forget about the TRT users, fuck them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    actually...yea, pretty much. I don't "hate" any of them, but I definitely root against all of them. The disdain is 2x worse for Sonnen on my end.
    The reason i asked that question was because it seems like in the MMA world some fighters will test positive for a banned substance (PED's, drugs, etc) and they get crucified (Chael, Nick Diaz, Overeem, etc.), but other well liked fighters will test positive and people just brush it off like its nothing (Thiago Silva, Forrest Griffin, BigFoot Silva etc.)

I personally dont have anything agianst guys that test positive or take TRT, steroids and drugs dont make you a lethal striker in Overeems case and i dont really think steroids "help" MMA fighters like they do MLB players or NFL players. Sure they can take stuff to help cut weight or make them stronger but at the end of the day its your skill set and your mental preperation vs the other guys and steroids dont help that imo

CM

Thread Information