Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones tweets interest in a potential fight with Chael Sonnen

Default Jon Jones tweets interest in a potential fight with Chael Sonnen

Jon Jones tweets interest in a potential fight with Chael Sonnen

But on Thursday night, Jones sent out a hint on Twitter that he's coming around on the notion of fighting the mouthy former middleweight.

"The more I realize how bad the fans want me to fight Sonnen the more I am beginning to disregard whether he deserves it or not," Jones tweeted out to his nearly 483,000 followers.

While Sonnen would no doubt jump at such an opportunity, much still stands in the way of such a fight, from the fact the Sonnen has his return to light heavyweight already booked at UFC 155 against Forrest Griffin on Dec. 29, to Jones' arm injury, suffered in his Sept. 22 win over Vitor Belfort.

But the tweet indicates that Jones, if nothing else, is now open to a match with Sonnen, one which would no doubt move a whole lot more than the reported 450,000 buys UFC 152 is currently estimated as selling.

Even if Jones still has some hangups. He followed up his Sonnen tweet with another less than 10 minutes later.

"A part of me wants to do it for the fans the other part of me feels as if it delegitimizes the importance of [a] championship," Jones tweeted.
    Jon Jones tweets interest in a potential fight with Chael Sonnen - MMA Fighting
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

This would only serve to delegitimize the title, please Dana dont let the troll talk his way into a title fight.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

And the other part of me is scared

Let him earn it. Beat Forrest, then maybe Shogun, Machida or lil nog to get the shot. (lil nog just because the whole happy meal thing)

Clearly an instance of:

On the other hand, I would absolutely love to see Jones smash/cut up Sonnens face with some brutal elbows.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Chael beats forrest, calls out bones in the middle of the octagon and Jones unlike AS steps up and accepts the fight right there in the octagon. At the post fight presser Dana announces the fight is going to happen next and that they will be coaching against eachother in TUF. Chael will be chael and jones will be jones, the fight will go down as the biggest fight in UFC history thanks to chaels hype, TUF and UFC ads. Chael gets paid big $$$$ jones gets paid big $$$$ and defends his title for the 5th time

thats how i see it playing out, and as a bones/sonnen fan im 100% fine with it

CM

Chael has to be the biggest money fight for JJ next to Anderson or JDS which don't think will ever happen.

9. Default

Jones must have gotten that new nightlight for his bedroom. I guess a chael fight isnt as scary when there's a lot less chance of it actually happening.

Chael needs a few wins first.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information