Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fitch: I'm really looking for the 'Fight of the Night' bonus

Hybrid View

Default Fitch: I'm really looking for the 'Fight of the Night' bonus

Fitch: I'm really looking for the 'Fight of the Night' bonus

"Honestly it has to be," Fitch told Bleacher Report in regard to the next chapter of his career. "If this fight doesn't go the way I need it to, I'm kind of at a loss of what to do next. Losing fights is not paying the bills. It is not really an option for me to go out there and not perform well or not put on a good show. I'm really looking for the 'Fight of the Night' bonus. That is something which is really going to put some distance between me and financial problems.

"Fans are going to see a man who is highly motivated and a man who is driven to perform well. They are going to see a man who has to perform well, not just for himself, but for his family and career."

"My intention is to drop him into deep water," Fitch said. "He's a prospect, very explosive, with a lot of ability, but he hasn't been tested. In his career leading up to the UFC, he wasn't really tested. That can mislead a lot of people and the fighters themselves because fast knockouts or fast finishes over opponents who get finished and knocked out often could build a false sense of confidence."

"I think that concept is a little bit lost in MMA today," Fitch said. "On top of that, I believe I receive unfair criticism. If you look at the guys I've fought and the fighters I've been matched up against, they are not people who get finished often or ever. I think that is lost on a lot of people. Take a guy like Mike Pierce who has never been finished. A guy like Akihiro Gono, who at the time I fought him, had been finished four times in a 15-year career. He's fought guys like Dan Henderson. He's fought multiple times against opponents several weight classes past his size. The list goes on with a lot of the guys I've fought.
    Fitch: I'm really looking for the 'Fight of the Night' bonus - Mixed Martial Arts News
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

i like fitch the man but the fighter better be more concerned with not being a highlight reel KO courtesy eric silva, getting fight of the night is next to impossible for fitch's style with the main event and the glover/maldonado fight competing for the crowd's pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    i like fitch the man but the fighter better be more concerned with not being a highlight reel KO courtesy eric silva, getting fight of the night is next to impossible for fitch's style with the main event and the glover/maldonado fight competing for the crowd's pleasure
    I don't know why but I kind of like Eric Silva. Maybe its because he reminds me of one of those fighting characters on that video game Tekken.

He just has that look and apparently looking at his record he must be something serious. I can see Fitch going for the takedown early especially considering he just got KTFO.

Expect another snooze fest if he gets on top.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

they dont give out dry hump bonuses?
    SAY WHAT?:headscratch:

Quote Originally Posted by jdwall View Post
    they dont give out dry hump bonuses?
    Took the words out of my mouth

Brown Pride

.....not if he wants to win the fight.

^ this. [EDIT: Referring to FGs post] Exciting will not end well for him. A solid submission would be nice and definitely feasible, but anything fancy is a big risk against Silva.

Much like Barboza with Varner I expect the hype of E. Silva to end tonight with Fitch. Fitch takes him down and grinds him out before finishing via RNC late in the 2nd.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Much like Barboza with Varner I expect the hype of E. Silva to end tonight with Fitch. Fitch takes him down and grinds him out before finishing via RNC late in the 2nd.
    I agree.

However I'm cautious about the nearly yearlong layoff after the knee injury with regards to Fitch's style and efficiency to secure takedowns. I also think Fitch COULD possibly get into trouble in transition, as Silva will look to scramble alot and has solid handspeed.

IMO, this is a frying pan/fire situation for Silva and while it could be perceived as a "fuck you" to Fitch by putting him with a very exciting and much hyped juggernaut who is going to headhunt, I think Fitch is too good at what he does and too damn cagey to get suckered into anything close to what Silva will need to win this.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post

I disagree to the comparison. I do agree the hype is comparable between Silva and Barbosa but they have complete different styles. Barbosa is a more take his time and technically beat you. Silva on the other hand is usually on the attack and very aggressive which makes him very dangerous but also makes him vulnerable for being over aggressive and Fitch grabbing ahold of him. But I don't think that happens. Got Silva tko rd 2
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Thread Information