Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White extends olive branch to Alvarez to discuss move to UFC

Default White extends olive branch to Alvarez to discuss move to UFC

White extends oliver branch to Alvarez to discuss move to UFC

Eddie Alvarez has long been considered one of the world's best lightweight fighters, but hasn't received as much recognition having chosen to apply this trade outside the UFC.

Tonight, Alvarez won his last fight on his Bellator contract and has recently discussed the possibility of move to the UFC. It seems as though at least one very important person is listening, as UFC President Dana White reached out to the fighter tonight on Twitter:

@Ealvarezfight congrats Bro!!! Let's talk "
    White extends oliver branch to Alvarez to discuss move to UFC - Mixed Martial Arts News

*Olive branch buddy not oliver branch
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 10-13-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

great getr done! send him in to beat up gilbert or move him into the shark tank asap, years ago i would have loved to see bjpenn face this guy

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    great getr done! send him in to beat up gilbert or move him into the shark tank asap, years ago i would have loved to see bjpenn face this guy
    I would still love to see alverez vs penn.

How about alvarez vs pettis, or jlauzon?

Damn, Stephens could have been a great first UFC fight for him. Higher up the rankings, Guida would be a hell of a test for him.

Jim Miller/Eddie Alvarez on an FX main event would be amazing, even though they're my two fave LWs.

Lauzon is a nice fight and I think loser of Pettis/Cerrone would also provide a great introduction to the UFC.

Looking down the rankings a bit, for a softer debut, Sam Stout, Stephens or Terry Etim might be solid bouts to debut Eddie on the undercard of a PPV or FOX card to let him strut his highlight reel stuff.

Alvarez is not some up and comer that needs to be protected. He has fought and beaten some of the best fighters in the world and I hope the UFC does not give him a feeder fight in his first fight, ala Cro-Cop v. Sanchez.

My ideal fight would Alvarez v. Maynard in a number 1 contenders fight. Try to argue someone would deserve a shot over the winner of that fight. You can't.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

7. Default

He has faught some of the best, but is he ready for the UFC extra media stuff? BJ would get him a ton of reconision. Writing on a phone sucks

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    He has faught some of the best, but is he ready for the UFC extra media stuff? BJ would get him a ton of reconision. Writing on a phone sucks
    That's always my concern and why I like seeing guys start off lower in the rankings. Whether it's the media blitz, the "UFC jitters," or whatever, I hate seeing someone talented fall down the rankings in their first showing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Damn, Stephens could have been a great first UFC fight for him. Higher up the rankings, Guida would be a hell of a test for him.
    I think Guida is moving to 145.

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information